Serious Organised Crime Agency Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Organised Crime Agency Virus

Our notebook has just become infected with the blasted thing! I've used the PC to google about trying to get rid of it and found a site that says download kasperski but how can I download kasperski when I can't access a browser on the notebook??

Am I going to have to take it to the man who can fix things??

Thanks for any advice.
    Rose

Can you download Kaperski onto a USB memory stick on the PC then use that on the notebook?
    Anne

Comment

Don't know if that would have worked Anne, but we managed to fix it. Yay!

I googled on the PC 'how to start up in safe mode' (f8) and that gave us the option of 'repair your computer' which took us to system restore. Phew!

What really bugged me was the fact that the webpage had my webcam enabled on it!!
      Rose

Comment

Rose Ive never heard of this virus, but being able to enable your webcam is alarming, its surprising what they can do now, ive read about 2 families who had their baby monitors hacked & a total stranger talking (in one case screaming obscenities) to a baby.
        Jenn

Comment

Rosie, just doing a system restore may not be enough to remove a virus - they are very good at hiding!!!! Please ensure to use a quality antivirus software to scan your computer ASAP.

In addition, can i recommend 2 other scanning tools. Kasperski Rescue Disk 10 - you need to download this and burn to CD. Then boot your PC from this disc. this will start the PC in a non windows mode and the software can scan for viruses that are often well hidden. The other good tool is Malwarebytes - down load and run in Windows

If you want any help just drop me a line

Dermot

Comment

Working...
          X