No announcement yet.

Anyone with access to US birth records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with access to US birth records?

Could some kind soul look up the births in New York of the two brothers (name removed) b.30.5.1948b and (name removed) b.19.6.1949 and PM me the results as they are both living.
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 29-10-14, 06:38. Reason: names removed - living people
    People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
    Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

If they are both living, should you really put their date of birth on here?

OC

Comment

Hi Webwiz,

From what I gather the only persons able to get a birth certificate in New York are the person themselves, and direct line descendants ie their children who must provide evidence that the person is deceased. Plus you need to know what borough of New York they were born in.

The United States and Canada are very strict with bmd registrations, although a little looser on the censuses.

bcbrit
      George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Webwiz, have removed the names from your first post as we don't allow details of living persons to be published on the forum.

If anyone can help, perhaps they could make contact via PM.
        Elaine

Comment

ww -
          you're best bet is probably newspaper announcements, or better, the obits for parents or grandparents. Do you know more about them? Have them in the census?

Comment

Sorry, but these are famous film producers and their names and dates of birth are published on many web sites, so I thought their details were already in the public domain.

Thanks bcbrit, I did not know that.

Comment

If they are famous film producers, there could be some biographical information at imdb.com or in Wikipedia.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Uncle John

Yes, lots of bio, which is where I found the full names and dobs, but no parent info. Since I share the same very rare surname I wondered if I could find a relationship, but it appears that this is difficult in the US. Perhaps I should apply to join their fan clubs.
                Last edited by webwiz; 01-11-14, 16:41.

Comment

M.C. has a wikipaedia page which shows the names of his parents.
                  Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine

On checking the parents in the electoral register I found that the surname is much more common in the US than in the UK and I cannot identify them so the trail has gone cold immediately. Never mind, I am fairly sure that the vast majority of Americans with this name cannot be related to my line.

Comment

Working...
                    X