FMP - Can't see for looking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP - Can't see for looking

According to FMP, there's an image in the Tamworth Herald dated 7 Jun 1930 and the extract says

TAMWORTH RURAL DISTRICT COUNCIL.

TIC RECORD. AMILY’ yi J. Allton MnMnMWanßWflHi« S. Allton V. J. AlltoD Photos Air. Tom Allton end the late Mrs Allton, formerly of Hnrley. near Atherstone, hut now of Polesworlh and tl.rir six sons who are serving with the forces. The eldest of the sextette ..."

and the link takes me to p3 of 8, but I can't for the life of me see the article about the six sons of Tom Allton.

Can anyone help me, please? Pretty please?

Thanks
    STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Not sure where you are getting the snippet from - when I search I get the following:

- searching that date just using the surname Allton:
    ' the tenants." "That is an obligation on tft e tenant," said Mr Allton. The Chairman: The tenants are not obliged take it. Mr. Sillito : has got hold of the wrong d the stick. Mr. Allton, quoted further from the minute, "-""but free cost to the Council
    07 June 1930 - Tamworth Herald - Tamworth, Staffordshire, England

- searching that date just using the names Tom Allton:
    Unknown
    07 June 1930 - Tamworth Herald - Tamworth, Staffordshire, England

... with no snippet shown.
    Elaine

Comment

your snippet

TIC RECORD.
      AMILY’ yi J. Allton MnMnMWanßWflHi« S. Allton V. J. AlltoD Photos Air. Tom Allton end the late Mrs Allton, formerly of Hnrley. near Atherstone, hut now of Polesworlh and tl.rir six sons who are serving with the forces. The eldest of the sextette
      12 June 1917 - Evening Despatch - Birmingham, West Midlands, England
      Elaine

Comment

If I search FMP newspapers for Tom Allton it's one of the hits

STG

PS There's a magistrate/councillor called Allton so SN search alone brings up tons of hits

Comment

Um, yes it does!
          - but the same snippet comes up for a paper dated 1917.

TIC RECORD.
          AMILY’ yi J. Allton MnMnMWanßWflHi« S. Allton V. J. AlltoD Photos Air. Tom Allton end the late Mrs Allton, formerly of Hnrley. near Atherstone, hut now of Polesworlh and tl.rir six sons who are serving with the forces. The eldest of the sextette
          12 June 1917 - Evening Despatch - Birmingham, West Midlands, England

Could be a problem with the indexing - I couldn't see anything relevant on the 7th June 1930 paper.
          Elaine

Comment

If you paste this into the newspaper search box you get the page with photos that Elaine found

Allton V. J. Alltod

I think FMP shows the results for your original search in a strange way
            Jackie

Comment

Oh this is just SO BRILLIANT, I can't tell you!

I was told by a second cousin that there was a photo of the Allton "boys" in uniform and I've looked for it times over. Tom Allton and his wife (Ann Pettifer Sanders) were my g.grandparents. Never seen a photo of them before, so this is absolutely ACE.

Very, very happy bunny.

STG

Comment

Its a great find - you're very lucky. Photos are my favourite pieces of family history
                Jackie

Comment

Thanks for your help both

STG

Comment

Working...
                  X