Anyone know Heston, middlesex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know Heston, middlesex?

I'm trying to find Marshall's Cottage, Heston. This is where my GG grandfather lived in 1871 and 1881. My mother was born in 8 Marshall's Cottage in 1914.

I want to know if they are both in the same place.

I have seen some trees where they have the name Wellington Road/Lane added after the cottage, and am wondering if the ones I'm looking for are near to this road.

I don't have any subs at the moment so can't look at any census myself.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Have found Marshalls cottages on the 1881 census. They were numbered 1 through to 5 Marshalls Cottages, Wellington Lane west.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

According to my notes George Powell born 1808, Colnbrook, Middlesex is living at Marshall's Cottages, Heston. No numbers and no Wellington Road/Lane.

Can you tell me if he is one of those you mention Judith?
      Last edited by WendyPusey; 25-10-14, 10:22.
      Wendy

Comment

Ah, Marshall's Cottage where George Powell was living in 1881 was in District 13 and Marshalls Cottages, Wellington Lane were in District 15 - so not the same.
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thanks Judith, I thought that would be the case.

Shame, it would have been nice to think my Mother was born in the same row of cottages as George Powell.
          Wendy

Comment

I grew up in Heston, and there is still a Wellington Road there, although I'm not familiar with a Wellington Lane. Do you have the names of any other surrounding roads? Wellington Road is a long, busy road that runs down to the A4 (Great West Road). There is a Wellington Road Primary school, although I have no idea how long it's been there.
            Heston used to be a village (and is still referred to as such by older locals) but has now become very built up and busy.
            If you want to know any general info about the area, I'm happy to help.
            Denise

Comment

Having looked further into this I now believe I should be concentrating on Fern lane. This is the area where my GGrandparents were living so it seems more likely they would be living in the same area.
              Wendy

Comment

Hi Wendy, I know Fern lane, it is still there and runs near to the Southall side of Heston. It's not very near to Wellington Road though.
                Anyway, Fern lane today is a long road with mostly bungalows, I don't think there are any older buildings along there.
                One end is close to Norwood Green school, and the other end is close to the green itself. It is also very close to the M4 Heston flyover.
                There are two churches nearby, St Mary's in Norwood Green and St Leonard's in Heston.
                Hope that is of some help
                Denise

Comment

Thank you Denise. I didn't think anything of old Fern lane would still exist, but one can live in hope. Most of the ancestors from that area attended St Leonard's Church, and several were buried there.
                  Wendy

Comment

Working...
                  X