Census sheets year identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Census sheets year identification

I made up this table to help identify the year of census sheet after some were assigned to the wrong year. Hope it helps someone
    How to determine the year of a census from the headings on the sheet
    1841 Two sheets to one page
    1851 Parish or Township of Ecclesiastical District of City or Borough of Town of Village of
    1861 Parish [or Township] of City or Municipal Borough of Municipal Ward of Parliamentary Borough of Town of Hamlet or Tything &c of Ecclesiastical District of
    1871 Civil Parish or Township City or Municipal Borough of Municipal Ward of Parliamentary Borough of Town of Village or Hamlet &c of
    1881 Civil Parish or Township City or Municipal Borough of Municipal Ward of Parliamentary Borough of Town or Village or Hamlet of Urban Sanitary District of Rural Sanitary District of Ecclesiastical Parish or District of
    1891 Civil Parish Municipal Borough of Municipal Ward of Urban Sanitary District of Town or Village or Hamlet of Rural Sanitary District of Parliamentary Borough or Division of Ecclesiastical Parish or District of
    1901 Civil Parish Ecclesiastical Parish of County Borough, Municipal Borough or Urban District of Ward of Municipal Borough or of Urban District Rural District of Parliamentary Borough or Division of Town or Village or Hamlet of
    1911 Dated

That's handy John. I didn't realise they were all unique in one way or another, although I'd noticed the heading were different.
    Anne

Comment

Working...
    X