BBC Genome Project: Radio Times 1923-2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC Genome Project: Radio Times 1923-2009

In case you miss the posts about new content in the Reference Library in the Reference Library Comments board.

I have just added a new link to the Theatre-and-Entertainment page that you may find fun to look at;

Page renamed to Broadcasting, Theatre and Entertainment and new section added for Radio, TV and other broadcasting media.

BBC Genome Project: Radio Times 1923-2009

Not every page is digitalised yet but you can search by names - I had remembered that my grandfather, Frank/FJ Lewcock) had done some broadcasting for them in the 1920s and found his programmes listed - they don't sound very exciting!!

And "Hopolong Cassidy Returns" was on BBC TV on the day I was born, as well as a Dick Barton episode.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Oooh, thanks Caroline, just found my grandfather. We knew he had broadcast a few times and I do have details of one of his broadcasts, but there are several more I didn't know about.

OC

Comment

An interesting link, Caroline. One that you think "I'll take a quick look" and then realise an hour later that you really should be doing something else!
      Elaine

Comment

Trouble with going through all those issues is that it makes me feel so old. I can remember watching or listening to so many of them.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Radio Times Archive

The BBC has launched their Genome Project. They've scanned the back catalogue of the Radio Times and particularly the listings information between 1923 and 2009. A good source of information if your ancestor or living relation was involved as an actor, presenter, etc. Or just go down memory lane: what was I watching in 1967?
          Phil
          historyhouse.co.uk
          Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Thank you Keldon, I have merged the two threads together.
            Caroline
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't spot the earlier one!:o
              Phil
              historyhouse.co.uk
              Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Originally posted by keldon View Post
                Sorry, I didn't spot the earlier one!:o
                No matter, thank you for posting it anyway - it brought it back the top of the page!!.
                Caroline

Comment

Working...
                X