Marriage of John Alfred Hird b 1869 ?where and Adelaide Mary Foster b 1872

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage of John Alfred Hird b 1869 ?where and Adelaide Mary Foster b 1872

Adelaide Mary Foster b 1872 Alverstoke, Hampshire and last found on the 1901 census, unmarried and living with her parents in Clerkenwell, London is a problem to me!
    She apparently married a John Alfred Hird - I don't know when or where but found them on the electoral roll for ? date in Melrose Road. At least I think it was both of them - it states his wife is Mary - possible she dropped her first name and used her second name.
    I found her death in Johannesburg South Africa on 1.11.1942 age 59. It states her husbands name: HIRD
    There doesn't appear to be a SA marriage - if there is, I haven't found it.
    Were they living there - I am not sure but I don't think so.

I have only just found the SA death although I had been told she died in SA (Johannesburg).

I always thought the person she married was Ohlsen but never found anything to prove this. Perhaps she married x2. If she married before 1904 she would probably have married in Islington but zilch. I can't even find a birth for John Alfred Hird, let alone a marriage - there are, however, a lot of John Hirds minus their middle names.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Sue

Jackie, Thank you so much .......... I have never heard of the website but it had exactly what I needed! Can't thank you enough ..........................does it do deaths also - can't see them on there but haven't had a chance to have a good look yet.

Over the moon .............Sue

Comment

You're welcome Sue. I haven't really explored the site much. I clicked on the 'view image' and it took me to the familysearch images but for a different date so I just scrolled through until I found the actual image (second link)
      Jackie

Comment

Working...
      X