Can anyone find Kate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find Kate?

Following on from Kate's parents William Hogg and Matilda Smith who I believe now never married despite having the banns read. I am wondering if anyone can find Kate Augusta Hogg who was born in Southwark around 1872 on the 1891 census.

She is with her parents on the 1881

In 1901 she is with her 'husband' (cannot find a marriage so think they never married) Alfred Robert McGill b1869 , he is at home with his parents on the 1891.
    KAREN xx

there is a Catherine Augusta Bulter born 1874 St Saviour Southwark Jun quarter 1D 45 could that be her ?

Comment

Thre is also a Kate Augusta Bradley born 1871 St Saviour Southwark Jun quarter 1D 167

Comment

Hiya Val,

Thank you for looking, no neither would be her Val, she definitely a Hogg. I have a record of her baptism in 1873. It is more where she is on the 1891 census that I am interested in and also that she never seemed to marry my g grandfather Alfred McGill, her parents never married so I suppose they couldn't really judge lol!
        KAREN xx

Comment

oh blast Rick thats what I get for looking for her born in Surrey

Comment

Thank you so much Rick you clever thing you now all I have to try to figure out is why they didn't marry!
            KAREN xx

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              This is why I hate the London rellies Val, both Lambeth and Kennington are classed as Surrey and later on it switches to London, also the case with some of the Middlesex ones, in the earlier census' they state Middlesex and then it changes to Middlesex, London. Hair pullingly annoying!
              KAREN xx

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                Kate 1873+/-2 keyword Lambeth - scrolled down the list to the H's looking for a transcription error and bingo
                Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                  Kate 1873+/-2 keyword Lambeth - scrolled down the list to the H's looking for a transcription error and bingo
                  You learn something new every day Rick! I will have to give that a go! I found my lamberts as Lombards a while back but in the days when you could search by an address on a different site
                  KAREN xx

Comment

William Hogg
                    mentioned in the record of William Hogg and Matilda Smith

Name: William Hogg
                    Spouse's Name: Matilda Smith
                    Event Date: 22 May 1864
                    Event Place: St. Mary'S, Lambeth, Surrey, England
                    Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I03346-5 , System Origin: England-EASy , GS Film number:1041669 , Reference ID: item 1 p 340

• Attach to Family Tree

• No image available

Comment

Thanks for trying to help but unfortunately this record does not appear in the GRO index and on further investigations we have discovered that this is the r cord of the last banns being read and not the marriage
                      KAREN xx

Comment

Working...
                      X