murphy family ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• murphy family ireland

i have had a little help with this from a searcher in dublin library,i gave her all that i had found out including the dublin 1901 census andthe 1911 census
    which are
    residents of a house in 172 leeson park avenue rathmines and rathgar east dublin
    surname, forename , age ,sex relation to head religion birthplace occupation literacy marital status
    kelly mary 6 female grand child r,c dublin scholar cannot read single
    gregg maria 49 female head of family c of i monaghan private income read widow
    murphy anne 50 female servant r.c co wicklow gen servant read married
    murphy john 51 male r.c dublin stable man read married
    murphy michael 14 male son r.c dublin scholar read single
    murphy thomas 11 male son r.c dublin scholar read single
    murphy patrick 19 male son r.c dublin van driver read single
    then found another son,who had died in 1901 before census buried at glasnevin cemetry
    murphy john 25 male son r.c dublin van driver read single
    then in 1904 maria gregg died leaving the house to her son henry burroughs gregg,
    so the murphy family had to move out and find another home,
    which was 1.2 westmoreland park rathmines and rathgar east dublin i will have to go now but tomorrow i will give you a lot more

carrying onfrom above what history i gave to my paid searcher,
    census 1911 1.2 westmoreland park rathmines and rathgar east dublin
    surname forename age sex relationto head religion birthplace occupation literacy marital status
    murphy peter 39 male son r.c dublin grocer porter read and write single
    murphy patrick 28 male son r.c dublin general lab read and write single
    murphy thomas 21 male son r.c dublin grocer porter read and write single
    murphy ann 60 female head of family r.c dublin daley worker read and write widow
    kelly ginney 16 female grand daughter r.c dublin school read andwrite single
    murphy dick 16 male grand son r.c dublin messenger boy read andwrite single
    murphy mary 14 female grand daughter r.c dublin school read and write single
    murphy peter 8 male grand son r.c dublin school read andwrite single

Comment

then i had looked up maria kerr born 1852 co monaghan her father was a clergy for church of ireland
      she married another clergy minister from church of ireland william burroughs gregg in 1871 died 1898 ,had a son born oct 1871 ,henry bu8rroughs gregg in offaly ireland
      then was sent to dublin to his ministry,
      found another son john murphy born 1876 died 1901
      thomas murphy married mary ann duffy, from gullinsten cottages rathmines,
      could not find marriage of john murphy to anne or her maiden name

Comment

carrying from above ,what i gave to my searcher
        census 1911
        residents of a house 1.2 westmoreland park rathmines and rathgar east dublin
        surname forename age sex relation to head religion birthplace occupation literacy marital status
        murphy peter 39 male son r.c dublin grocer porter read and write single
        murphy patrick 28 male son r,c dublin general labourer read and write single
        murphy thomas 21 male son r.c dublin grocer porter read and write single
        murphy ann 60 female head of family r.c dublin daley worker read and write widow
        kelly ginney 16 female grand daughter r.c dublin school read and write single
        murphy dick 16 male grand son r.c dublin messenger boy read and write single
        murphy mary 14 female grand daughtere r.c dublin school read and write single
        murphy peter 8 male grand son r.c dublin school reads and write single

then searching maria gregg maiden name ker found she had married a minister of the chuchof ireland ,mr william burroughs gregg in monaghan in 1871 and had a son henry gregg in oct 1871
        william burroughs gregg died in 1898 leaving a probate for his wife maria elizabeth gregg of leeson park dublin
        now maria e gregg died in1904 leaving a probate for her son henry gregg

also found out john murphy was a stable man for trinity college dublin

and that thomas murphy married mary ann duffy from gullinsten cottages rathmines dublin

i gavethis to my paid searcher on 24 september 2014
        onthe 30 of september she brought me this
        thomas murphy army records
        that in 1900 all public houses were also grocer shops
        with this in mind she found gullinsten cottages rathmines was next door to the town

Comment

the searcher came back with all this
          first she had found in 1870
          john murphy servant living at crofton terrace kingston dun leoghaire
          anne walsh servant living at george street kingston dun leoghaire
          john murphy married anne walsh in 1871 inkingston dun laoghaire
          the gregs wanted servants
          in 1891 living in 3 glenageary hill kingston dun laoghaire
          in 1894 living in 6 arkendale road kingston dun laoghaire
          in 1899 living in 29 leeson park avenue,one year after maria gregg husband had died,
          birth record of patrick murphy gave john murphy occupation as coachman
          birth record of john murphy gave fath occupation as groom this would tie in with 1901 census john murphy occupation as stable man
          now in 1900 all public houses were also grocery shops .
          so we find were mary ann duffy lived ingullinsten cottages wasnext door to the rathmines townhall,behind the town hall was a public house were patrick murphy and michael murphy worked behind the bar,thoams murphy was the grocer boy ,so mar ann duffy must havemet thomas murphy their ,
          found thomas murphy army records
          he joined up inthe british army in 1914 the liverpool regiment.discharged in 1919,started work in trinity colege ,
          married mary ann duffy in 1921 ( mary ann duffy had two brothers john joseph duffy and george duffy
          when they married thomas murphy living at 3 westmoreland park with histwo brothers patrick and michael murphy
          after marraige lived at 25 lower armagh quay dublin ,in 1925 moved to 28 monsterboce road dublin,where he died in 1937 still working at trinity colege as groundsman,
          in 1942 mary ann murphy moved to keogh square inchicore dublin
          in 1964 moved to 78 rafters road drimnagh ,dublin where she died in 1982,from james hospital .to mount jerome cemetry dublin,
          she said in john murphy born 1850 marriage it gives his father and mother ,also anne walsh father and mother which she now has to check,
          and also the deaths of anne walsh and john murphy,and hopefully where they are buried
          i ask my searcher if i could give out her name she said i could it is anne-maria smith www,intothepast.she is a genealogist and author.with APGI

Comment

Working...
          X