Newspaper entry 1892

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper entry 1892

5 November 1892 in Derby, there was an inquest on a 5 day old boy son of Edward William Stanton. Can anyone tell me the cause of death please.

Thanks
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
    5 November 1892 in Derby, there was an inquest on a 5 day old boy son of Edward William Stanton. Can anyone tell me the cause of death please.

Thanks
    The cause of death was congestion of the lungs followed by convulsions. There is extensive reporting of the inquest, which was adjourned until the end of the month. The cause of death was not at issue - much of the inquest focused on allegations of misconduct on the part of the midwife re issuing of a death certificate and funeral arrangements - too long/complicated to summarise here, but if you PM me with an email address I can send you more details.
    Christine
    Last edited by Karamazov; 29-09-14, 00:46.
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Working...
    X