Death in Derbyshire 1903

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death in Derbyshire 1903

Edwin William Brown died in Belper in 1903, aged 35. On FMP there is an entry for Derbyshire Registrar Death Index. Could someone tell me if it says anything more about Edwin - I'm trying to see if he was born in Nottingham, in which case he would be one of mine.

Thanks
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

It doesn't state where born just that it was in 1868. Sorry
    Last edited by Barbara Dodds; 28-09-14, 12:12.
    Barbara

Comment

Drat. Thanks for looking Barbara
      Linda

Comment

If it helps there's a probate entry on Ancestry that says he died on 5th October 1903, was a school attendance officer of Ivy Cottages, Belper and probate was granted to Esther Myra Brown, widow

Jackie

Comment

According to the 1901 census, he was b. Belper 1869. Esther was b. Lyme Regis, Dorset in 1871.

STG
          Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Thanks STG - not mine then. Back to the drawing board as I know he died before 1911 but can't find his death anywhere. Last sighting was in the 1881 census when he was 12.
            Linda

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
              Thanks STG - not mine then. Back to the drawing board as I know he died before 1911 but can't find his death anywhere. Last sighting was in the 1881 census when he was 12.
              might he have gone to the US Linda?
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

how do you know he died before 1911? who were his parents please,
                Julie

Comment

Hi Julie, how are you?
                  Edwin William Brown, born Dec Q 1868 in Nottingham, parents William Joseph Brown and Alice (Maria Alice Fox when she married). William and Alice had 5 children - Samuel 1870, Joseph 1872, Catherine 1874 and Gertrude 1883 completed the family.

In the 1911 census Alice is widowed, but completes the form to say she had 5 children, 4 of whom are still living. I have managed to find all the 4 youngest ones in 1911, but not Edwin so have presumed he was the one who died.

http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/23...l=ReturnRecord

He might have gone to the US (or anywhere - members of this family have turned up all over the world!), unfortunately the name Edwin Brown is reasonably common - and a lot of them are from this family - they seemed to like the name!

Thanks for looking.
                  Linda

Comment

Hi Julie, how are you?
                    Edwin William Brown, born Dec Q 1868 in Nottingham, parents William Joseph Brown and Alice (Maria Alice Fox when she married). William and Alice had 5 children - Samuel 1870, Joseph 1872, Catherine 1874 and Gertrude 1883 completed the family.

In the 1911 census Alice is widowed, but completes the form to say she had 5 children, 4 of whom are still living. I have managed to find all the 4 youngest ones in 1911, but not Edwin so have presumed he was the one who died.

http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/23...l=ReturnRecord

He might have gone to the US (or anywhere - members of this family have turned up all over the world!), unfortunately the name Edwin Brown is reasonably common - and a lot of them are from this family - they seemed to like the name!

Thanks for looking.
                    hiya! have been quite busy, but am good thanks

I suspect you have seen this tree [apologies for coming back to this late!]

am having a shuftie
                    Last edited by Darksecretz; 02-10-14, 18:34.
                    Julie

Comment

hmmn do you have Alice in 1891 at all please, I can spot her in 1881/1901/1911 but not quite find them in others

s'ok I have found her/them, Edwin isn't with them either in 1891, makes you wonder if he did die at an early age, though I can't spot anything!
                      Last edited by Darksecretz; 02-10-14, 19:19.
                      Julie

Comment

Hi - yes had a good look at that tree, there are a few errors on it however, main one being that the Joseph and Mary are the wrong ones. I am tending towards the thought that Edwin died between 1881 and 1891, wonder if he might have been registered as Edward - nope nothing seems to be jumping out at me.

Thanks for trying anyway, will keep looking!
                        Linda

Comment

Working...
                        X