Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father's Occupation if you can decipher please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's Occupation if you can decipher please.

occupation.jpgBeatrice Podmore.jpgFrom an 1892 Liverpool Baptism, I'm struggling to decipher the father's occupation; can anyone help?
    Last edited by AlanC; 24-09-14, 18:38. Reason: Addition.

That is a difficult one Alan but though I don't understand what the occupation is I see Cat & Chumin's which means nothing but saying that maybe the Cat is Cart but there I will leave it as I really haven't got a clue

Edna

Comment

I read it as Catechumen's Occupation, and then a dash to indicate none. A catechumen is one receiving instruction with a view to baptism. Is it possible that this is a baptism of a young adult and so father's occupation not used?
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

http://www.ewtn.com/library/answers/how2.htm Well Done Judith I would never have got that in a million years but this explains it perfectly

Edna

Comment

I agree Edna, Well done Judith.............never come across the word before.
          Yes it was an Adult baptism Judith, I had one on the previous page but the writing was so feint I couldn't read it and again an Adult baptism.
          Last edited by AlanC; 25-09-14, 07:15.

Comment

I now see the word derives from "catechism"..............thanks to Wikipedia.

Comment

Working...
            X