Another, 'What's his surname' please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another, 'What's his surname' please.

I've spent the last hour trying to decipher the surname. Tulloch, or Talloch don't show up......can anyone help?1891 Frank James.jpg
    Forgot to say this is from a Liverpool Baptism Register 1891, St. Luke's.
    Last edited by AlanC; 23-09-14, 09:57.

It looks like Talloch to me but unfortunately in a quick search I cannot find anything to corroborate this.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Hihttp://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1911england&so=2&pcat=ROOT_CATEGORY&MS_ AdvCB=1&rank=1&new=1&MSAV=2&msT=1&gss=angs-g&gsfn=frank+james&gsfn_x=XO&gsln_x=XO&msfng0=henr y&msfng0_x=1&msmng0=harr*&msmng0_x=1&cpxt=1&catBuc ket=rstp&uidh=521&cp=11
      1911 census 3rd one down fits perfectly with the baptism but nowhere near Liverpool.
      Moggie

Comment

Above link didn't work

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...uidh=521&cp=11

Comment

Well done Maudarby..................thank you.

Comment

Looks like the couple married in Liverpool in 1883. Austin was Harriet's maiden name.
            Moggie

Comment

In Q3 1883 Liverpool there was a marriage for Henry Herbert TALLENT where one of the two possible brides was Harriet Emma AUSTIN. This looks very much like the parents in your baptism record, especially as the surname was first entered as Austin.

Oops, sorry Maggie I was so busy searching I forgot to look to see if anyone else had come up with the answer.
              Last edited by JudithM; 23-09-14, 10:44.
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Working...
              X