So what's the connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the connection?

Hiya everyone, I've found an 1871 Census for Thomas Corby and his wife Sarah but I think that whoever filled it out has mucked up all the relationships, there's no way Thomas can be the Niece is there? ;)

Jane is their daughter & the Pherusa is their son Thomas.

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

I think it says "head" not niece.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Clearly says Head - it is a transcription error by Ancestry (very common), and the other name is Thomas (not Pherusa !)
      Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
      Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thank you both, I just wasn't sure why the census had been stated like that and it got me a little confused.
        Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Working...
        X