Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marriage between C E A and Gladys Geraldine Adelaide Brown 1968 Islington.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage between C E A and Gladys Geraldine Adelaide Brown 1968 Islington.

I found this marriage this morning and to say I am surprised is an understatement.
    The lady in question, was originally Gladys Geraldine Adelaide Foster b 1910 Hornsey. She married Percival Archibald Woods in 1934 at Bowes Park in London/Mddx. They divorced in 1946 and she had been living with Joseph Cronshaw Dean in Hove.
    In 1963 she was living with a Mr. Evans - at her son's wedding she said they were married and he told the bride's father said they were just living together! I don't know anything about him but actually do have a picture of him.
    At some point she is supposed to have married William Nicholson Brown (or possibly just Nicholson Brown).
    She was in a nursing home before she died in 1989 as Mrs. Brown and her death is registered in that name. I have never found a marriage for them.
    This morning I found a marriage on ancestry (sadly no one else has Mr. A.... on their Tree) - I can't find a place or date of birth for a C...... E. A.... but I have found a marriage quite accidentally - I haven't found a date of death for him either.

I wondered if anyone can help to confirm this marriage - I am sure I have got it right but who knows.

Sue

Sorry Sue, but as we have no idea when he was born and can find no death for him I have had to remove his name. However, I have done a free search on the electoral register and the last date he was registered was in 2007, at which time Gladys was listed with him. So if you are sure that Gladys died in 1989 I don't think this can be her marriage.
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 18-09-14, 21:08. Reason: possible living person

there is a C A on the electoral rolls could he still be alive
    Last edited by JudithM; 19-09-14, 08:38. Reason: removed full name as he may still be alive

Comment

Thanks Val. Have pm'd you. Sue

Comment

Working...
      X