Missing on 1901 Census CHARLES BURROWS b 1878

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing on 1901 Census CHARLES BURROWS b 1878

Yet again I am asking for help in finding a person missing from a Census.

CHARLES BURROWS b 1848 in Liverpool....on the 1911 Census (aged 34)he is with his wife Blanche & their children...on the 1891 (aged 14) he is with his paternal grandfather Timothy Burrows...but I cannot see him at all on the 1901 (aged 24) before his marriage to Blanche...any help will be much appreciated (he NEVER lived with his parents at all)

Regards,
    Margaret.
    Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Can you give us the links or references for the censuses you have for him please? I can't see him in 1891 or 1911!!

Also if he was born 1848 he would be 63 in 1911 so what year was he born?
    Margaret

Comment

Right - got him in 1911 here http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=6598 shows he was born 1877 and here he is in 1891 with Timothy http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=2352 where he is showing as a son not grandson.
      Margaret

Comment

Ooops ! Charles was actually born 1877 (my dodgy handwriting again) In 1891 he is living at 83, Harcourt St, Everton.... in 1911 the family are at 234, Victoria Square, Liverpool. NOTE: Charles is NOT the one living with John & Margaret Burrows in Knowsley, on the 1901 Census.
        Thanks, Margaret.
        Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Comment

Here he is in 1881 http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...26pgplz0q3dpid and again shown as son!

Still nothing coming up for 1901 and I see Timothy died in 1907 and in 1901 he is living by himself noted as widower.

Margaret

Comment

What about this one http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=7

Margaret

Comment

Right !! Got myself sorted about with this family ( 3 if not 4 Timothy's to get my head around) Charles Burrows b 1877 was the son of Timothy Much Burrows & Ellen Flynn....Timothy Much Burrows was the son of Charles Burrows & Margaret Much....Margaret Much was the daughter of Timothy Much & Margaret Taylor & Charles Burrows was the son of Thomas Burrows ...phew...I am getting too old for this !!! So it is Charles Burrows born 1877 in Liverpool who is the missing link in 1901 !!!!

Thanks again, Margaret.

Comment

I'm confused here so your looking in 1901 for Charles Burrows born 177 Liverpool parents Timothy and Ellen ?? is that right

Comment

Yes ...But....Ellen has died & Timothy Burrows, 57, widowed, is living @ 65, Rose Place Liverpool on the 1901 census on his own...so no sign of Charles (24) on the 1901 which is a year before his marriage to Blanche.
                  Thanks, Margaret.
                  Last edited by skylark; 16-09-14, 22:22.

Comment

do you know his occupation

Comment

1911 he is a House Painter

Comment

oops a House Painter

Comment

Working...
                        X