Radnor Family Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radnor Family Name

Hi, i'm tryin to trace my dads side of the family.

My dad was Thomas Arthur Radnor b.1952. His dad was Willie George Radnor and his grandfather was Thomas Arthur also.

Willie George married Hetty Morgan (whom i believe somewhere along the line was connected to Tredegar House in Newport, South Wales).

Willie died in a motorcycle accident.

Any information would be great fully received
    ;D

Reg for Willie as

WILLIE G
    RADNOR
    Birth year 1916 Q1
    Mother's last name JAMES
    District NEWPORT 11A/390

Married Hettie in Abergavenny, used to live there!
    Q3 1941

There's a marriage for Thomas Arthur to Mary A James Q3 1910 Newport
    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Oh wow thank you for that bit of info

I had come across a James so maybe i have found the right one x

Comment

Welcome to The Forum. There is a 'Radnor Family Tree' on Ancestry.co.uk that seems to include your Ancestors. The first of the Radnors so far shows as a John Radnor c1774.
        If you don't have a subscription take advantage of the 14 day free trial but remember to cancel in time. If you 'go for it' start with Thomas Arthur senior c 1895 and see what comes up....................................good luck.

Comment

Thanks very much, I haven't got a subscription but may have to do it

Comment

Or check out your local library - many now have free access to Ancestry. Usually you have to use the library PCs. They may also have other resources that you can access from home with your library card number
            Jackie

Comment

I seem to have come across a fair bit of information thanks to several things.

I want to trace my grandmother who was married to Willie George called Hetty Morgan (father Thomas Morgan) whom I believe stems back to Tredegar House in Newport but I can't get passed her. Any suggestions or info anyone knows of would be fantastic.

Thank you all who have commented and helped me along the way so far x

Comment

Sorry, I've duplicated an earlier post.
                Last edited by AlanC; 15-09-14, 15:49. Reason: Wanted to cancel.

Comment

Have you googled Tredegar house? was owned by the Morgan family

Historian and photographer David Ross visits Tredegar House, Newport, wales, with photos of the house and grounds, history, and visiting information. We're Passionate about History!

The family that lived at Tredegar House in Newport are usually associated with the old Monmouthshire. Quite right too, as the Morgans were one of the biggest landowners in the county. However, thei…

just to get you started
                  Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                  http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

I have tried tredegar house but I have only a name for Hetty's dad and nothing else so don't know where to start as there are a lot of Morgans out there lol

Comment

The tree Alan refers to on Ancestry shows the marriage of Will G Radnor to Hetty Morgan as Elaine's previous post in Abergavenny.
                      The tree also gives her birth and death taken from this death registered Monmouth.

Name: Hetty Radnor
                      Birth Date: 28 Nov 1919
                      Date of Registration: Mar 1999
                      Age at Death: 79
                      Registration district: Monmouth
                      Register Number: A11D
                      District and Subdistrict: 8391A

This then would be her birth registration:
                      Hetty Morgan
                      mother's maiden name - Taylor
                      Dec 1919 Pontypool 11a 458

There is another birth for Hetty in 1919
                      Hetty Morgan
                      Mother's Maiden name: Hearing
                      Jan-Feb-Mar 1919
                      Bridgend
                      Monmouthshire
                      Volume Number: 11a
                      Page Number: 1448
                      However the DOB of this one does not tie in with the death cert.

If you do not have the death cert then this one should be ordered first because from this hopefully you will get the name of the informant and other details which would confirm whether or not this is your Hetty. If so then the marriage and birth cert could follow.
                      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

There is a marriage Thomas Morgan to Ester Ann Taylor Pontypool Mar 1903 11a200

This is them on 1911 census: living 24 Powells Terrace Aberbeeg Mon

Thomas Morgan 35 1876 Canton, Glamorgan, Wales Coal Miner Hewer
                        Esther Morgan 25 1886 Abertillery, Monmouthshire, Wales married 8 yrs est 1903
                        Thomas George Morgan 7
                        Joseph Herbert Morgan 5
                        Bladwin Hannah Morgan 2
                        Charles Morgan 1

Do any of these names ring a bell?
                        Last edited by Katarzyna; 15-09-14, 21:23.
                        Kat

Comment

Thank you

Im almost certain now after something I found yesterday that Hetty's mothers name was Taylor but unfortunately the names mean nothing as there is no one I know of that I can ask for any more information.

Comment

If you want to trace backwards then you are going to need to buy some certificates to prove it. Any idea what happened to your parents or grandmother's documents, photos etc. - they would be of help.
                            Let us know if you decide to buy some certificates. Maybe we can help you further once you have confirmed more recent facts.
                            Last edited by Katarzyna; 16-09-14, 07:35.
                            Kat

Comment

Working...
                            X