Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry

On ancestry in the past when you found a record and clicked on the details it gave you a list of possible matches in other census's on the righthand side. This could be useful when following people from one census to another. This is now not coming up, has it been removed or is there a way of getting it back

Hello Holcan

I noticed that the other night. I love my cross-references. However, I think maybe there just weren't any for my particular search at that time as last night they popped up again.

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by holcan View Post
      On ancestry in the past when you found a record and clicked on the details it gave you a list of possible matches in other census's on the righthand side. This could be useful when following people from one census to another. This is now not coming up, has it been removed or is there a way of getting it back
      I have noticed it is doing the hints to the right less and less and it often depends on what record you are looking at.

Margaret

Comment

Not quite the same but if you choose one census year to search and ALSO choose one country (eg England) you get a list of results. If you want to find the same person in another census year look just below 'edit search' near the top left. Under there is 'all census categories' which brings up a list of the same name in other years. Also there is the year you are looking at (eg 1881). Click on that and you get a list of all census years and can choose a different one.

I am finding this quite useful. Maybe you all knew already?!!
        Anne

Comment

Thanks for that Anne

Comment

Working...
          X