military search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• military search

Hiya all,is it possible for someone to do a search please for Arthur Jesse Boon,born 23/12/1908,i am looking for his military records,he was in the Army during world war 2,his wife was Olive Gladys Gwendoline Edwards,i would appreciate any help

Ron

afraid they arent online you have to apply for them here is the link

Comment

Hiya

Originally posted by redron View Post
      Hiya all,is it possible for someone to do a search please for Arthur Jesse Boon,born 23/12/1908,i am looking for his military records,he was in the Army during world war 2,his wife was Olive Gladys Gwendoline Edwards,i would appreciate any help

Ron
      I am trying to find Arthurs details,all i have is Arthur Jesse Boon,i have not been able to find anyone with the middle name of Jesse,i have a possible of Arthur Boon,based in the middle east,which is where i think he was,also a serjeant which he also was

Ron

Comment

You didn't mention his place of birth. On Ancestry.co.uk there is a Barrett Family Tree that shows an Arthur Jesse Boon born in St. Albans, Herts..........................and dies in Hatfield not far away in 1990. You don't have to take the 'Tree' as gospel but worth a look.

Comment

Hiya

Originally posted by AlanC View Post
          You didn't mention his place of birth. On Ancestry.co.uk there is a Barrett Family Tree that shows an Arthur Jesse Boon born in St. Albans, Herts..........................and dies in Hatfield not far away in 1990. You don't have to take the 'Tree' as gospel but worth a look.
          That seems to be the man i am looking for

Ron

Comment

do you have his baptism

Arthur Jesse Boon baptised 28 Feb 1909 Bishops Hatfield
            Father Ernest a Labourer Mother Selina

Comment

dont know what you have on him but
              Ernest Boon born 1873 Hertford Hatfield occupation loading up sand
              Selina Boon born 1873 Hertford Ware
              Ernest Boon born 1896 Hertford Hatfield
              Thomas Boon born 1897 Hertford Hatfield
              Willie Boon born 1901 Hertford Hatfield
              Arthur Boon born 1909 Hertford Hatfield

living at 2 St Peters Cottages near Hatfield St Peter Rural Hertfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by redron View Post

Ron
                There are no military records for WW2 online, you have to apply for them to the MOD and pay £30 - it also takes anything up to a year to get the records.

Have a look here for how to do it and the application form https://www.gov.uk/requests-for-pers...ervice-records

Margaret

Comment

Hiya

Hiya all,i have seen the barrett connection and emailed the person,i have been trying to find his regiment,i have found a bit of a connection to the Australian Infantry,

Ron

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                  There are no military records for WW2 online, you have to apply for them to the MOD and pay £30 - it also takes anything up to a year to get the records.

Have a look here for how to do it and the application form https://www.gov.uk/requests-for-pers...ervice-records

Margaret

Comment

so did you have the info I put on here already then?

Comment

Hiya

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      so did you have the info I put on here already then?
                      No i got it almost at the same time,

Comment

Working...
                      X