Asquith/Glazebrook - Canadian Info and UK question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asquith/Glazebrook - Canadian Info and UK question

Terri here. It is my turn to give as much information back to decendants in the UK. You have been such wonderful help in my husband search of his family.

My grandparents were from England, emigrated 2x. My mother and father married in 1952 in Manchester...how far forward are the UK records that are accessible online? I see on the ancestry website that family trees there have Lewis Asquith b. 1904, but that is it. He was my grand father and my grandmother was Marion Glazebrook. I also know of Ellis Glazebrook who emigrated to the U.S and Ida Glazebrook who married Walsh in the uk 1939.

If anyone is searching for these names, let me know. I have information to share....

Terri

Terri

UK bmds go back to July 1837.

I can see the marriage for Louis and Marion here:

www.lancsbmd.uk.

You will have to send for the certificate to get the full information. Lancsbmd is a very good site for your Lancashire ancestors and sometimes has information that
    Freebmd doesn't have.

Freebmd is busy as the moment but when it is clear, you could find the children of Louis and Marion by using her maiden name of Glazebrook to identify them.

Let us know if you need more help!

OC

Comment

Sorry - above is the correct link for Lancsbmd. Have a play with it! You can use it in conjunction with Freebmd.

Also - records go up to about 2006 online. There are no plans to put more recent events online but the indexes can be consulted at various centres in the UK (which is no use to you of course)

OC

Comment

I know the children of Louis and Marion, they are my mom Dorothy and her brother Anthony (Tony). I am Dorothy's daughter. Marion's sister Ida, married Frank (I think was his name) Walsh and relocated to Australia, had a few children, all of whom live in Australia. Ellis Glazebrook married Audrey. When I visited as a child they lived in Rochester, NY. They had two daughters, Jane and ?? (have to ask mom). They later moved to South Carolina.

Comment

Mom said as growing up in England, they always a grandmother living with them. But no grandfather from either side. Thinking they passed in WW1. She only remembers a couple of cousins during her time...mom was born 1931, and her brother 9 yrs later.

Comment

They emigrated 1950 to Canada, and went back to England the same year only to emigrate again in 1952/3. And stayed then. My grandfather's trade was a bricklayer, but had a heart attack in 52, so had to change professions....so they bought a farm near Clinton, Ontario. My grandfather did not enlist during the WW2, I haven't looked to see if he applied, but I know he may have been unfit. He always walked with a pronounced limp, like one leg was shorter than the other. During WW2 he travelled England and into Ireland, fixing furnaces after bombings of buildings. Mom said he sometimes would be gone for weeks.

Comment

If you get the marriage cert for Louis and Marion, that will have their fathers' names on it and then we can look for them on census.

OC

Comment

Thank you. I will see if someone has it or if I have to send for it.

Comment

Working...
                X