My Brickwall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Brickwall

Hi my name is Daren I need help in the final piece of this puzzle of the Ridley family from Northumberland.
    What i know so far
    My line Jacob Ridley born 1764 Knarsedale Northumberland. siblings Margaret 1762, Anne 1766, John 1769
    Jacob married Jane Yeates 1790 St Peters Heysham
    Jacob described as Merchant of Late of the Island of Grenada
    Jacobs Parents John Ridley and Anne brown married 1761 St Judes Knarsedale Northumberland
    I ordered John and Anne marriage details from Northumberland archives and no parents mentioned.
    It states John Ridley of the parish of Middleton,where could this be? AnneBrown of this parish.(Knarsedale)
    I would like to track the parents to help me further my research.
    other details provided ,may be relevant,burials
    10/3/1787 Ann wife of John Ridley of Barns
    28.12.1771 John son of John and Ann Ridley of Barnstown foot, which I have found is near Knarsedale.
    I have all the information on this line coming forward but any help on the parents would be useful.
    I am from Australia and cant get to Northumberland
    thanks Daren

Regarding the location of 'Middleton' my immediate thought is that it could be Middleton in Teesdale. Its not too far away from Knarsdale. There are, of course, a lot of places called Middleton in Englad but not all are Parishes so that should help your search.
    Anne

Comment

That's a better suggestion than mine Anne.

Comment

www.lan-opc.org.uk/Search/indexp.html - Jane is Yates not Yeates on this record

Marriage: 28 Nov 1790 St Peter, Heysham, Lancashire, England
        Jacob Ridley - Merchant, late of the Island of Grenada but now of Lancaster parish
        Jane Yates - Spinster, this parish
        witness Samuel Yates
        just for your info - on the same site for Middleton in Lancashire ( under Manchester region ) - Ridley = no results...so that is one Middleton you can rule out
        hope this helps
        Last edited by garstonite; 31-08-14, 08:53.
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Ahnentafel, Generation No. 1
          1. John RIDLEY was born 1568. He was the son of 2. John RIDLEY and 3. Jane ERRINGTON.
          Child of John RIDLEY is:
          i. John RIDLEY was born 1603.

Ahnentafel, Generation No. 2
          2. John RIDLEY was born Abt 1542 in Errington,Northumberland,England.
          3. Jane ERRINGTON was born 1544 in Errington,Northumberland,England. She was the daughter of 6. John ERRINGTON and 7. UNKNOWN BRANDLING.
          Child of Jane ERRINGTON and John RIDLEY is:
          1. i. John RIDLEY was born 1568.

Ahnentafel, Generation No. 3
          6. John ERRINGTON was born 1517 in Errington,Northumberland,England. He was the son of 12. Gilbert ERRINGTON and 13. Jane RIDLEY.
          7. UNKNOWN BRANDLING. She was the daughter of 14. John BRANDLING.
          Child of UNKNOWN BRANDLING and John ERRINGTON is:
          3. i. Jane ERRINGTON was born 1544 in Errington,Northumberland,England. She married John RIDLEY. He was born Abt 1542 in Errington,Northumberland,England.

Ahnentafel, Generation No. 4
          12. Gilbert ERRINGTON was born 1497 in Errington,Northumberland,England. He was the son of 24. Nicholas ERRINGTON and 25. Anne CARNABY.
          13. Jane RIDLEY was born 1497 in Errington,Northumberland,England. She was the daughter of 26. Nicholas RIDLEY.
          Child of Jane RIDLEY and Gilbert ERRINGTON is:
          6. i. John ERRINGTON was born 1517 in Errington,Northumberland,England. He married UNKNOWN BRANDLING, daughter of John BRANDLING.
          14. John BRANDLING was born 1491 in Errington,Northumberland,England.
          Child of John BRANDLING is:
          7. i. UNKNOWN BRANDLING. She married John ERRINGTON, son of Gilbert ERRINGTON and Jane RIDLEY. He was born 1517 in Errington,Northumberland,England.

Ahnentafel, Generation No. 5
          24. Nicholas ERRINGTON was born 1476 in Errington,Northumberland,England, and died Bef 1568. He was the son of 48. Gilbert ERRINGTON.
          25. Anne CARNABY. She was the daughter of 50. Reginald CARNABY.
          Child of Anne CARNABY and Nicholas ERRINGTON is:
          12. i. Gilbert ERRINGTON was born 1497 in Errington,Northumberland,England. He married Jane RIDLEY, daughter of Nicholas RIDLEY. She was born 1497 in Errington,Northumberland,England.
          26. Nicholas RIDLEY was born 1471 in Errington,Northumberland,England.
          Child of Nicholas RIDLEY is:
          13. i. Jane RIDLEY was born 1497 in Errington,Northumberland,England. She married Gilbert ERRINGTON, son of Nicholas ERRINGTON and Anne CARNABY. He was born 1497 in Errington,Northumberland,England.

Ahnentafel, Generation No. 6
          48. Gilbert ERRINGTON was born 1445 in Errington,Northumberland,England.
          Child of Gilbert ERRINGTON is:
          24. i. Nicholas ERRINGTON was born 1476 in Errington,Northumberland,England, and died Bef 1568. He married Anne CARNABY, daughter of Reginald CARNABY.
          50. Reginald CARNABY was born 1450 in Errington,Northumberland,England.
          Child of Reginald CARNABY is:
          25. i. Anne CARNABY. She married Nicholas ERRINGTON, son of Gilbert ERRINGTON. He was born 1476 in Errington,Northumberland,England, and died Bef 1568.
          Descendant Register, Generation No. 1
          1. Ann BROWN. She married John RIDLEY, son of John RIDLEY.
          Child of Ann BROWN and John RIDLEY is:
          + 2 i. George RIDLEY was born 27 Jan 1714 in Haltwhistle,Northumberland,England.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 2
          2. George RIDLEY (Ann BROWN1) was born 27 Jan 1714 in Haltwhistle,Northumberland,England.
          Child of George RIDLEY is:
          + 3 i. Rebecca RIDLEY was born 7 Jul 1736 in Hexham,Northumberland,England.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 3
          3. Rebecca RIDLEY (George RIDLEY2, Ann BROWN1) was born 7 Jul 1736 in Hexham,Northumberland,England. She married George HINCKLE.
          Child of Rebecca RIDLEY and George HINCKLE is:
          + 4 i. Adam HINKLE was born 1763.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 4
          4. Adam HINKLE (Rebecca RIDLEY3, George RIDLEY2, Ann BROWN1) was born 1763. He married Christina ZEILOR, daughter of Johann ZEILOR.
          Child of Adam HINKLE and Christina ZEILOR is:
          + 5 i. Mary HINKLE.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 5
          5. Mary HINKLE (Adam HINKLE4, Rebecca RIDLEY3, George RIDLEY2, Ann BROWN1). She married James H. BREWER. He was born in England.
          Child of Mary HINKLE and James H. BREWER is:
          + 6 i. Nancy BREWER was born 31 Mar 1832 in Berkeley,Virginia, and died 17 Dec 1912.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 6
          6. Nancy BREWER (Mary HINKLE5, Adam HINKLE4, Rebecca RIDLEY3, George RIDLEY2, Ann BROWN1) was born 31 Mar 1832 in Berkeley,Virginia, and died 17 Dec 1912. She married William Ray FERNEAU, son of Daniel FERNEAU and Catherine RIDENOUR. He was born 6 Feb 1830 in Bath,Berkley,Virginia.
          Child of Nancy BREWER and William Ray FERNEAU is:
          + 7 i. Lergan Virginia FERNEAU was born 22 Feb 1856 in Berkley,Virginia, and died 26 Oct 1939.

Comment

I'm not able to locate Errington in Northumberland. Could you let us know whereabouts it is, please?
            Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
              I'm not able to locate Errington in Northumberland. Could you let us know whereabouts it is, please?
              Anne
              It's a very small settlement just to the west of the A68 and north of the wall.
              Try Streetmap, Anne - it should pinpoint it for you.

Jay
              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

situated on the river Erring in Northumberland

Comment

Thanks
                  Anne

Comment

Sorry, I'm still confused here! (easily done!)

The original query was about John Ridley who married Ann Brown in Knarsdale in 1761 (from the PR in Northumberland archives).
                    Looking at the list of families above the latest John Ridley, son of John Ridley, was born in 1603, so he could not have been the one who married Ann Brown in 1761.
                    Also he could not have been the one who, with Ann Brown, had the child George Ridley in 1714 (as on the list).

Anne

Comment

John Ridley and Ann Brown-Knarsedale

John Ridley and Anne Brown married 10.12.1761 Knarsedale
                      Their children were Margaret 1762, Jacob 1764,Anne 1766, John 1769 all born Knarsedale. So far havent been able to trace his parents. On the marriage notice it states he was from Parish of Middleton. Dont know where that would be. I am descended from Jacob Ridley. regards Darin

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                      Sorry, I'm still confused here! (easily done!)

The original query was about John Ridley who married Ann Brown in Knarsdale in 1761 (from the PR in Northumberland archives).
                      Looking at the list of families above the latest John Ridley, son of John Ridley, was born in 1603, so he could not have been the one who married Ann Brown in 1761.
                      Also he could not have been the one who, with Ann Brown, had the child George Ridley in 1714 (as on the list).

Anne

Comment

Working...
                      X