John Born 1840 probably Hetton-Le- Hole Co Durham
    he appears on the 1841 Census for Pemberton St, Hetton as follows

Eleanor age 30
    Robert age 13
    Mary age 9
    Elizabeth age 8
    Douglas age 5
    John age 1

I have looked all through the BMD'S FOR Durham and his Birth is not registered and there is no sign of a Baptism, I have all the above Baptisms but not his.

in Oct 1841 there was a sister Margaret I have her Registration
    1843 a brother Armstrong I have his birth Reg
    1846 a further brother Richard I have his birth reg.

Maybe someone has some idea's as why John was not Registered or even not Baptised.

Thanks
    Allan Ronson

Who is Eleanor's husband? As relationships are not given on the 1841 census, how do you know he is a child of this family? Have you found him with this family in 1851?

OC

Comment

Perhaps his first name is not John but something else.

Who are his parents?

Did he go on to adulthood, marry etc?

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
        Who is Eleanor's husband? As relationships are not given on the 1841 census, how do you know he is a child of this family? Have you found him with this family in 1851?

OC
        Yes the father was John Robson, I have the family living in Sunderland in 1851 as follows:
        20 Neasham SQ Sunderland
        John Robson age 46 Born Corbridge
        Eleanor 41 born Byker
        John Aged 11 born Sunderland
        Margaret aged 10 born Sunderland this is wrong she was born at Hetton I have birth cert
        Armstrong born aged 8 born Hetton
        Thomas age 3 born sunderland.

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
          Perhaps his first name is not John but something else.

Who are his parents?

Did he go on to adulthood, marry etc?

Margaret
          His parents appear to be John Robson and Eleanor Urwin
          he did go on to marry but I think he lied about his age, his marriage cert say he was 22, but he was married Jan 1860 so he was not 22, lol, he died as a result of an accident in 1865, parish records say he was 25, death cert says he was 26, as you can see his age is all over the place.

Comment

Two John Robson's were registered in Durham Sept Q 1839, and one in Dec Q 1839 and Mar Q 1840. Have you eliminated all these?

Comment

Originally posted by brentor boy View Post
              Two John Robson's were registered in Durham Sept Q 1839, and one in Dec Q 1839 and Mar Q 1840. Have you eliminated all these?
              Yes spent a fortune on Birth Certs deffo not registered as John Robson.

Comment

Have you looked at any Robson births that don't have a first name? Sometimes it is simply male/female and then the surname.
                Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                  Have you looked at any Robson births that don't have a first name? Sometimes it is simply male/female and then the surname.
                  Margaret
                  Yes Margaret, I have looked at all of them, no luck

Comment

Is it possible that John may have been "adopted"? The child of an unmarried relative or of a mother who died in childbirth? Have you any information about his " parents'" siblings?

Comment

Originally posted by brentor boy View Post
                      Is it possible that John may have been "adopted"? The child of an unmarried relative or of a mother who died in childbirth? Have you any information about his " parents'" siblings?
                      It is possible he was adopted into the family, all I know is when ne got married he said his father was John Robson a Joiner by trade, I know his father siblings and they had long marriages on his mothers side she only had one sister and she was also married a long time.

Comment

Really, if he missed out on being baptised or registered at birth (not uncommon) I think you may have all there is to find for him. He was with them in 1851 and named John Robson as his father. You might have to make do with those two facts. Its not as good as getting the certificate but may be all there is.
                        Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                          Really, if he missed out on being baptised or registered at birth (not uncommon) I think you may have all there is to find for him. He was with them in 1851 and named John Robson as his father. You might have to make do with those two facts. Its not as good as getting the certificate but may be all there is.
                          Anne
                          Thanks Anne you may well be right, I find it odd to think he was the only on of the Siblings not Registered or Bapitised.

Comment

Working...
                          X