Is it possible to get divorce papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to get divorce papers

it would be for around 1970ish I do have both their death certs or is there a 100 year rule on them thanks

I think all people can get ref a divorce is the Decree absolute which is the final end for the marriage.

All the other papers about a divorce are not public records and I don't think they keep them. You also need to know where the divorce took place to get what record there is.

Margaret

Comment

oh thanks Margaret ah well

Comment

Opps! Misread the date!
        Last edited by keldon; 23-08-14, 16:27.
        Phil
        historyhouse.co.uk
        Essex - family and local history.

Comment

thanks for looking Phil

Comment

My wife tried to get divorce records to confirm her father's previous marriages - which came as a surprise in the first place! - but was told she needed both names (which you have) as well as other info, dates etc. then the bomb shell, a cheque for £65.00 for each divorce please! We didn't so we still don't know exactly what you get for your money!
            Victor

Comment

was this for recent years Victor I would be very tempted to get them, where did you have to apply thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                was this for recent years Victor I would be very tempted to get them, where did you have to apply thanks
                You should ask first what you will get because if it's just the Decree Absolute it is not worth it unless you need to confirm the date of the divorce.
                Margaret

Comment

I agree with Margaret - the likelihood of getting anything interesting is just about zero, because modern divorces are "no fault".

OC

Comment

thanks Margaret and OC I was hoping to find out why they divorced as they lived together before the marriage and after the divorce, I wont bother then maybe one of my contacts might know.

Comment

Working...
                    X