Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should I start

Hi folks, how is everyone ?

I have been asked to find out what my Granddad did during the war eg where he was sent, I know it was the North Africa Campaign but would like to know more. Anyone got any tips, where I could start looking, he was in the Royal Engineers if it helps.

Would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks.

WW2 personnel service records are not on general release yet. I believe next of kin can apply for the records at a fee. Several people on here have done so and I'm sure someone will supply you with details of costs and where to apply etc.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
      WW2 personnel service records are not on general release yet. I believe next of kin can apply for the records at a fee. Several people on here have done so and I'm sure someone will supply you with details of costs and where to apply etc.

Jay
      Oh I see, they arent on general release yet. It will explain why I couldnt find any information.

Ill pass the information on, thanks.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Here's the link for applying for service records - https://www.gov.uk/requests-for-pers...ervice-records

You'll also find a number of research guides and useful links in our Military secton in the reference library (accessed via the tab on the navigation bar at the top of page).
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          Welcome to the forum.

Here's the link for applying for service records - https://www.gov.uk/requests-for-pers...ervice-records

You'll also find a number of research guides and useful links in our Military secton in the reference library (accessed via the tab on the navigation bar at the top of page).
          Thanks, I shall give the 2 links a read.

Your help is much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X