Familysearch.org search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Familysearch.org search

Now I know its me, but something is going wrong somewhere and the question is 'what' ?
    I know that Familyseach is working OK as I've tried links from other posts, but every time I try a search I get the result 'Oops we can't seem to find this page etc

Help...
    DGJay

Hi. I just tried a search at https://familysearch.org/hr/search , just a name, and had no problem. Can you actually reach the search page or does the problem occur before that?

David

Comment

I go to https://familysearch.org/ , click on search, and the search page comes up, then (for example) enter Jane Gordon born 1800-1830 and get a page with the message oops etc
      DGJay

Comment

I tried a search with Jane Gordon as detailed and it gave me 38,022 results. Afraid I can't think what else to do. If you want the link for Jane Gordon's results let me know!
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Linda
          Sorry to mislead, but I only gave the name Jane Gordon as an example as it was the first thread I came across that had a Familysearch reference...

I'm still getting the same result as in post no 3
          DGJay

Comment

I've tried it and don't have a problem.

Perhaps you need to clear your cookies or something - I'd hate you to think I know what I'm talking about ;)

STG
            Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

There is a site which offers advice on these sorts of problems http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/familysearch.org.html If you go to this page and look at the left side column there are a number of suggestions which might help.

David

Comment

David
                Many thanks for that link.
                I tried all the suggestions there, all to to no avail.
                At least its nice to know that I am not the only one.
                I have now tried it on my two desktops and one laptop and they all come up with the same result.
                Maybe its to do with the broadband but I think I've excluded that by rebooting the router several times.
                Its amazing how you only miss something when you haven't got it...
                DGJay

Comment

Try the site through a different browser.

Comment

I have tried it with Internet Explorer and Firefox, both the same result.
                    DGJay

Comment

Are you accessing Familysearch through a bookmark or through Google?
                      Linda

Comment

I have tried bookmark, google, the link in post no 2 and also by typing it in. Having read the link from post no 7 its a case of there are quite a few people having the same problem.
                        DGJay

Comment

Do you know which area you want to search in - maybe you can get in using this site as an entry point

http://www.archersoftware.co.uk/igi/index.htm
                          Linda

Comment

Linda
                            Have tried that way in, the search screen that comes up has a blue button (next to the reset button) with 'loading' on it. I assume this would normally be the search button. It stays with 'loading' for ever. Well at least 15 minutes and counting.
                            DGJay

Comment

Sorry, out of ideas!
                              Linda

Comment

Originally posted by DgJay View Post
                                ... the search screen that comes up has a blue button (next to the reset button) with 'loading' on it. I assume this would normally be the search button. It stays with 'loading' for ever. Well at least 15 minutes and counting.
                                I have experienced the never LOADING button. I use Firefox with the Noscript add-on and had to 'allow' scripts before the button returned to its usual Search function.

Comment

Did you already have both browsers installed or did you download one just to try on the site.

Comment

Both browsers were already installed
                                    DGJay

Comment

Is it possible you are trying to access an old version of the website? There were some significant changes just recently. Maybe your computer has the old version cached? (Sound as if I know what I'm talking about .... I don't really!)
                                      Anne

Comment

Working...
                                      X