Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Poole is lost.. . . . .

Hi

I am looking for John Poole who was born c 1875 in Ilford, Essex but I cannot find his birth. I have him In The 1901 and 1911 census but nothing else.

I can track the remaining siblings, Thomas, Louisa and Elizabeth. Parents names were Maurice and Elizabeth Poole

I would appreciate any help please.

Thank you.

Gill

Hello
    At the moment can only find a John Poole born 1874 Ilford living with parents William & Mary. Will try again tomorrow.
    Charity

Comment

The Maurice Poole and wife Elizabeth in 1881 dont have a son called John ? they have a Dennis a Henry and a Eleanor

This Maurice is born in Rodborough Gloucestershire is that the right one

Comment

Are these the ones you have? Did you mean b1895?

JOHN Poole Stock brokers Clerk b 1895 with parents Maurice occ packer and Elizabeth. Siblings Thomas and Elizabeth
        1911- http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...try&h=53094486

Maurice Poole 31
        Elizabeth Poole 30
        Louisa M Poole 9
        Thomas Poole 7
        John Poole 6 says b Oxford Essex but is Ilford on image
        Elizabeth C Poole 2
        Frank Poole 25
        Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Romford was the registration area for Ilford at the time.

Name: John Poole
        Registration Year: 1895
        Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
        Registration district: Romford 4a 452
        Last edited by Katarzyna; 16-08-14, 23:58.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Hi I,think,that's the issue I was not aware of that Romford used to be the registration area for Ilford I had found that birth but discounted it but perhaps need to get the certificate.

Thanks to you all for your quick responses in such a short space of time ;)

Comment

no wonder I couldn't find him :(

Comment

Originally posted by Gill D View Post
              Hi I,think,that's the issue I was not aware of that Romford used to be the registration area for Ilford I had found that birth but discounted it but perhaps need to get the certificate.

Thanks to you all for your quick responses in such a short space of time ;)
              If I have problems tracking a birth, I usually (not always!) check to see what District name I should be looking for to go with a placename. I usually just google the placename + "civil registration" (including those inverted commas) + District. The UKBMD link comes up with the right place somewhere quite high in the list, usually. In fact this link is probably the best bet! (Note that it's a pdf file.) http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/places/regindex2-1.pdf

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Yes that's the one I always use first.
                Use this one to see which areas are included in a particular district

I have the links saved in my "searches" folder.
                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks to both chrissie and mat formatted valuable information

Comment

Working...
                  X