Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any help trying to find them in 1871 please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any help trying to find them in 1871 please.

I have tried finding information about this family on another site.. but answer may be on the 1871 census.
    1901 John Henry Kinsman with wife Susan and his mother Caroline at Lawson Villa, Parkstone, Dorset
    1911 With his wife at Crescent Road, Soutbourne, Christchurch, Dorset.
    It is believed that John Henry was in the Army in India which would account for not being able to find him on census.
    1871 he would be about 8 years old.. his mother was Caroline and on a wedding cert he stated his father was John Kinsman... but when I had Ancestry I could not find them... Cornwall census details are transcribed on a site but I may have missed them or they may not have been on the census or not in Cornwall.
    If I could find them on the 1871 census it may prove that his parents were John Kinsman and Caroline Rapson who married in Redruth Cornwall in 1861...
    I do have a John Henry Kinsman born March Q 1863 in Gwennap, Redruth.. sure it is him but so far no evidence

Susan died 22 Sep 1930 and the will confirms John Henry as spouse... he married again in Sep q 1930...and they had twin sons in 1932... I mention this as others assume that I have skipped a generation Thank you
    Colin

What was his father's occuption and did his mother have any middle names that you are aware of?

Comment

Think I've got him with his Mum at her grandfather's house. Another researcher has added a correction confirming it's Caroline

C Kinsman
      [Caroline Kinsman]
      abt 1849
      Granddaughter
      Female
      Gwennap, Cornwall, England
      Gwennap
      St Day
      Treskerby
      Cornwall
      England
      Redruth
      Gwennap
      Last edited by GallowayLass; 15-08-14, 15:03.

Comment

Thank you Galway Lass...
        I have Caroline Rapson in 1851 at Carharrack , Gwennap aged 16 and Carharrack is the place of birth she shows in 1901 when Caroline Kinsman.. her father was William Emanuel Rapson who married Jane Reed 28 May 1844 in St Day.. Caroline born March q 1845 William Emanuel Rapson was a Carpenter/wheelwright. I have the details but as yet no evidence that this is rhe correct Caroline......... I did at first think he was the son of a Caroline Kinsman unmarried... but again no evidence and ages were way out...

Kinsman a common name in Cornwall

Comment

Thank you Galway Lass...
          I have Caroline Rapson in 1861 at Carharrack , Gwennap aged 16 and Carharrack is the place of birth she shows in 1901 when Caroline Kinsman.. her father was William Emanuel Rapson who married Jane Reed 28 May 1844 in St Day.. Caroline born March q 1845 William Emanuel Rapson was a Carpenter/wheelwright. I have the details but as yet no evidence that this is rhe correct Caroline......... I did at first think he was the son of a Caroline Kinsman unmarried... but again no evidence and ages were way out...
          1861 Caroline at home with her mother and a lodger is John Kinsman aged 24.. they married later that year
          Last edited by colin taylor; 15-08-14, 16:09.

Comment

Pssst! it's GallowayLass, I'm not Irish; leastways not as far as I know so far LOL

Comment

Oops sorry about that...I know of George Galloway...,,Family just returned from a holiday in Scotland.. a little place called Tarbet about 70 miles north of Ullapool,,, their local supermarket is a few hours drive away in Inverness...
              Last edited by colin taylor; 16-08-14, 12:06.

Comment

Working...
              X