Electoral Role Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electoral Role Question

Found someone I am looking for on ER but there is no address..is there any other way I can get this please?

Linda

Telephone directories? Any idea where he/she worked - there maybe other 'rolls' for example coal miners, railway workers etc
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Looked on telephone directories Kat. This is the current ER I am looking at

Linda

Comment

I don't understand what you mean there is no address, electoral registers are arrange by address.
        District, division, street, house number

Perhaps you are meaning there is no street number for the house, a number of the early registers up to around the mid 1890s to 1900s did not use a numbering system an alternative is to use a census (enumerator's route) to locate the specific house using landmarks of pubs, named houses that have numbers later etc.

Or are you looking at a commercial address and the house is in a different district?
        If that is the case search the appropriate register.

Cheers
        Guy

I see you have posted it is a current ER, is it an original or an on line copy?
        If online view original at library or town hall
        Last edited by Guy; 15-08-14, 09:26. Reason: added PS
        Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Hi Guy,

It's 2013 Electoral Role I am looking at.

It's the correct person as they have the wife's father living with them but no address.

I am looking online will the original copy have the address on then?

Linda

Comment

Yes, as Guy says and they are usually held at the local library.
            Last edited by Katarzyna; 15-08-14, 11:48.
            Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

You are most likely looking at 192.com as they are the company that usually comes up first in search results. They are however very expensive for what they do. A basic person search gives you forename, middle initial, surname, town and the first bit of a postcode along with the names of others at the the same address and the years of the rolls in which they appear at that address assuming of course the persons have not opted out of commercial versions of the rolls. To see any more detail you need to cough up cash.

If you are not close enough to get to a library local to the address then I would recommend tracegenie. The site is a bit clunky but much cheaper than 192.com. You can purchase 1 day access for £3.50 and 7 days for £6.66 as well as for longer periods.

Comment

I am using Find My Past.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
                  I am using Find My Past.
                  If you let me have the details I will look them up using my subscription to another site that has the full addresses shown.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
                  X