Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• william richard marshall born 1912

Hi

There is a facebook message going around at the moment reference a letter found in someones loft and the above being a POW. If anyone thinks they have this person let me know and I can get you the link to the person who has found the letter
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Do you mean this one?

Войдите на Facebook, чтобы общаться с друзьями, родственниками и знакомыми.

If you can't see it from this link, Christine in Herts has posted it on the FTF Facebook page:

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

That will teach me I have just spent quite a while finding his birth, death, possible marriage, death of wife and possible daughters marriage but no apparent children to daughter. Then I found a tree on Ancestry which has sketchy details of him, probably found from free BMD as the birth year is given as 1913 (he was registered in March). However, if you look at the comments below you will find that a lot of information has already been found about him. The poster of the comment appears to think that the tree owner should have the letter but it would be nice to know what relationship they are to him.

Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I've spent time on this too, having seen it in a Facebook Group I belong to. There seems to be too many people working on it and no doubt duplicating info- the poster should have just put it in one place, like FTF! I have a feeling that basic tree on Ancestry has been put there by someone having seen the story on Facebook
        The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
        Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X