Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edward george marskell

Hi all,

Its my grandmothers 90th on sunday, and i have been trying for the last month to try find a photo of her father (Edward George Marskell) as she never had one, does anyone have any ideas of where i could look or if they could find one i would appreciate it so much. The info i have on him is:
    Name: Edward George Marskell
    Born: 12th November 1887
    I believe he was married to Emily Herridge,
    His daughter (my grandmother's) name is name removed, she married name removed.
    I believe he passed away in 1934, and that he lived in the kensington area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Kind Regards
    Alex
    Last edited by Barbara Dodds; 07-08-14, 07:08. Reason: names of living persons removed

I have looked at public members trees on Ancestry but he is not there. Do you belong to Genes Reunited? Perhaps there is a tree with him on there - if so you could contact the owner to see if they have a photo.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Hi Alex and Welcome to the forum

We do not allow the names of living persons to be posted on the forum. I have therefore removed the names of both your grandmother and her husband. If they are deceased the names can be replaced.
      Barbara

Comment

Sorry Barbara, I did not know that, My Grandfather passed away but my grandmother is as fit as a fiddle. Sorry for the inconvience. I don't belong to genes reunited no, is it worth trying? AS i would love to get a photo by sunday. as for the information on my great grandfather, I managed to obtain the information of:
        John Marskell Son Single Male 22 1889 General Labourer Kensington which was taken from a 1911 census. all help is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
        Alex

Comment

Can't help but think you're cutting it a bit fine to get something by Sunday!

Does your gran still have any cousins living, or decendants of? Maybe her grandfather appears on the wedding photos of some of his children?

If you're having a bit of a do for her 90th, get chatting to relatives and see if they have something?

Random thoughts
          STG
          Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

I know, Defiantly cutting it fine! But i have been searching for the last month, just I am very new to this and not sure where to look.
            As for descendants, no living cousins, only myself and my family ( 6 living relatives). According to the family tree anyway! Appreciate the reply

Kind Regards
            Alex

Comment

Alex

If there are no other relatives at all that you can track down who may have old family photos (don't rule out anyone descended from his wife's side of the family), or cousins however distant, then the only place I would suggest you might check is local newspapers for where he lived at the time he died in case there is an obituary with a photo (slim chance, but you never know).

Another option I would check is he served in WW1, local papers often carried pictures of local men who had joined up, usually when they were wounded or killed, but again there is only a slim chance.
              Last edited by AntonyM; 07-08-14, 12:25.
              Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
              Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Where was he born please? there is one on GR born London.
                Margaret
                Last edited by margaretmarch; 07-08-14, 14:22.

Comment

I messaged someone on ancestry who had made a correction to a record for Edward Marskell and this is their reply
                  Hello Margaret
                  So sorry but no I do not have any photos of any of the Marskells apart from Daisy who was my great grandmother.
                  Edward is my 3rd great grandfather. Is your friend a sister of Daisy?? Regards Anne

Are you aware of in touch with this relative?
                  Margaret

Comment

Hi margaret, thanks for getting back to me! I'm not 100% where he was born, but he did live in Kensingston and have a sister called Daisy Elizabeth Marskell, How would i make contact to this peron? thats great news, i really appreciate the help

Comment

I wasn't even aware I had other relatives!

Comment

Originally posted by alex.robinson21 View Post
                        Hi margaret, thanks for getting back to me! I'm not 100% where he was born, but he did live in Kensingston and have a sister called Daisy Elizabeth Marskell, How would i make contact to this peron? thats great news, i really appreciate the help
                        If you have a subscription to ancestry you can contact through the username of acg885. If not let me have your email address through the private message system - click on my name and select Private Message and I will pass it on to the person concerned.

It may be they know of other relatives who might be able to help.

Margaret

PS I have just replied to your PM.
                        Last edited by margaretmarch; 07-08-14, 21:21.

Comment

Working...
                        X