Help with Word 2007, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Word 2007, please.

I am transcribing a will and, as usual, I have the will image open on my computer and a Word document open on top of it. I work by clicking the icon in the top right-hand corner that allows the Word document to cover just half the screen, then I can see the text from which I am transcribing beneath it.

Somehow or other, yesterday I was working on a transcription and touched something and now the word document reduces to a small rectangular box that doesn't cover the whole width of the screen and is very small. I'm trying to change the setting back to the full-width, but half-screen, view. However, despite googling etc., I can't find what to do.

Can anyone help me?
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

I guess you have tried using the arrows at the bottom right hand corner of the Word window to enlarge it???

I try to do that with more than one program open and am always getting it jump back to full size as I move it too close to the edge of the monitor screen. :(
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Caroline, that doesn't help, unfortunately. I obviously hit something when typing so it ought to be easily reversible, but no joy so far.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Found this -

Caroline
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Hmm, something doesn't work there.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

Well, I have solved the problem! Nothing to do with settings or anything. With the small box for the document displaying I found I could move it around the page and, with the cursor on one of the corners, I was able to drag the corner out and enlarge the view! So very simple, as I suspected. This is exactly the same method I use for enlarging an image I have pasted into a document.

Caroline, many thanks for trying to solve the problem for me.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
              Well, I have solved the problem! Nothing to do with settings or anything. With the small box for the document displaying I found I could move it around the page and, with the cursor on one of the corners, I was able to drag the corner out and enlarge the view! So very simple, as I suspected. This is exactly the same method I use for enlarging an image I have pasted into a document.

Caroline, many thanks for trying to solve the problem for me.
              I am glad my suggestion about dragging it out at the corner worked.
              Caroline

Comment

There are some useful alternatives obtained by right-clicking a blank space on the windows taskbar when you have two (or more) windows open. These include 'Show windows stacked' which puts the windows full width and fits them down the screen, and 'Show windows side-by-side' which puts each windows full vertical height and fits them across the screen.

David

Comment

Working...
                X