Stockton needs your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stockton needs your help!

To help us solve a mystery, one of our History Group members have found a Funeral Card within their home with the words:

In Loving memory of Alexandria Carroll
    of Stockton who died on the April 20th 1890 aged 27 years old
    However there's only one record that we can find and that is the death, we can't find a matching burial on Stockton Roots and there's no birth either. We have looked for other names at the time this person would have been born but they aren't exactly matching. Someone found a birth for an Alexandria Wilson in Hartlepool 1863 and I found the 1881 Census where they were living in Middlesbrough but they were noted as a boy though. I'm afraid that we haven't had much further luck. Is there anyone on here who could possibly help us with this, we were hoping that someone had her/him in their tree so that we could return the funeral card to them.

Thanks guys
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

There is a William CARROLL who marries in Stockton on Tees, in Q3 of 1882 - ref v10, p125. From the page reference, he married either Mary Ama REILLY or Alexandra REED. She may be the one you are looking for ?
    Last edited by AntonyM; 03-08-14, 12:16.
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Aww thank you Anthony, using that I went onto FreeBDM and put Reed & Carroll in for the marriage, Alexandra's name has came up. Ancestry shows a matching birth year.
      Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Burial NBI as Oxbridge Cemetery 23 April 1890
        Last edited by Elaine; 03-08-14, 20:57.
        Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
        http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Working...
        X