elliott family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elliott family

hi is antone researching the elliott family from west derby area of liverpool!

replies to

Sorry but I have had to remove your e-mail address as per out T&C's

I shall also move it to the Family History Research section where anyone who is researching this family can see it.
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 31-07-14, 16:35.

hi

my father charles william elliott died in 1848 (born 1886) and my mother nora giggins died 1991 13th feb.
    both both died in liverpool. the cousin i am also enquiring about was - - born 1943 i do not know whether she is still alive, married or anything.
    charles william elliott was my father he was born 1886 and died in 1948. i have no knowledge of the . . . born to my father and sarah J ellioot (his first wife. sarah died in aug 1939

thanks

norman elliott

Sorry I have had to remove the names of your possibly living relatives, as to name them is against our terms and conditions. If anyone is up for the search hopefully they will contact you and you can send them the names by private message.
    Last edited by JudithM; 31-07-14, 22:10. Reason: removed names of possibly living person

Comment

Hi Norman,

Charles William Eliott, age 24 ,stoker, father William James Elliott
      Sarah Grace Williams
      married 9 January 1911, Princesss Park, St Paul, Liverpool

After 1912 mother's maiden names were added to the Birth index.

I searched for the son born to this couple using his first name only, area West Derby btween 1910 to 1920. There was one boy with the first name born in Dec 1914, with the maiden nameWiliiams.

I used www.freebmd.org

Using your cousins name I found a birth, which gave me the mother's maiden name. I then found a marriage for her mother and father. Again using www.freebmd.org.

On ancestry I found a tree for your cousin, siblings and parents. It looks as if they immigrated to Hammondsville, NSW Australia. There is an approximate death date for your cousin as before 2000.

I do not know if you have access to ancestry, but the tree is called Hannah Family Tree, and I found it using the mother's maiden name - Joan Lennon who died in 2003,
      Hammondsville NSW, Australia.

bcbrit
      George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Hi Norman,

From ancestry.co.uk

UK Outward Bound Passengers Lists
        18 June 1954
        Southampton to Sydney
        Parents, your cousins and her two younger siblings are listed.

Their father is 32 years giving him a birth year of 1922.

In 1958 your cousin and her two siblings are returning to Sydney from Southhamptom. Just going to go back and see if their parents are on the ship.

bcbrit
        George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Hi Norman,

I could not find the parents on the 1958 ship - very odd !

I did find their father's birth - December Q 1921 in West Derby, mother's maiden name Williams.

bcbrit

Comment

Hiya Norman - West Derby is a village in Liverpool - but it is also a registration area - so West Derby registration included Garston where I live - it also included Kirkdale /Everton/Anfield / Wavertree /Kensington /Woolton /Allerton and later on Toxteth - the marriage found at St Pauls is in Toxteth ...do you have any addresses in your research which may pinpoint which area of Liverpool your Elliotts are in ??
            2 shops owned by Elliotts here in Garston until recently ...
            added - did Charles first wife - Sarah Grace ( Williams ) Elliott die in sept qtr 1939 ??
            Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
            oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
            adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
            merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
            coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Originally posted by bcbrit View Post
              Hi Norman,

I could not find the parents on the 1958 ship - very odd !

I did find their father's birth - December Q 1921 in West Derby, mother's maiden name Williams.

bcbrit
              on www.lancashirebmd.org.uk - this man C W Elliott is registered West Derby Western - so Toxteth /Dingle /Aigburth /Wavertree or Garston ...looking at the marriage I think this Elliott family are from Toxteth....
              Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
              oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
              adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
              merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
              coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

hi garstinite

one answer to your questions. yes sarah williams did die as stated aug 1939. i will check the other quries and get back to you.

norman elliott

Comment

hi garstonitte

charles william elliott was married on the 9th jan 1911 at st peters and paul church in the parish of parish of st peters princes park. he lived at the time at 4 graham street dont know where that is.
                  i only new that most of his life upunitl milkitary service was spent in the area of west deby.

norman elliott

Comment

Graham Street was Toxteth Park, Liverpool 1911

Edna

Comment

hi edith

thanks for the info

norman e

Comment

Working...
                      X