Is this the right Cert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the right Cert

Got a Death Cert of a George Knight died 1 May 1865 St Thomas's Hospital Newington Typhus Fever, so sent for a Death Cert of I was hoping his wife Mary Knight born 1818

Received today

Mary Knight died 21 Apr 1865 London Fever Hospital Islington Typhus and Bronchitis age 45 a Dressmaker, Wife of (now here is the problem) Knight no address only The Fever Hospital.

Two of their children got admitted to Bermondsey Workhouse 21 Apr 1865

Have looked in 1861 for a Mary Knight a Dressmaker born around 1820 and have found none right name close enough in age or area

Would you say she is the right one ?

Thanks

Sounds pretty convincing to me given the date the children went into the workhouse - husband presumably also ill at the time so unable to report the death in person.

Age about right for a death reported by a stranger.

I'd go for it myself.

Margaret

Comment

thanks Margaret its taken me years to find this as we didn't know till recently about the children in the Workhouse so you can imagine I am excited about this, I am inclined to think its right too, shame we couldn't find them in 1861.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        thanks Margaret its taken me years to find this as we didn't know till recently about the children in the Workhouse so you can imagine I am excited about this, I am inclined to think its right too, shame we couldn't find them in 1861.
        Perhaps their lives were a bit chaotic even in 1861 through illness and they kept themselves 'below the radar'
        Margaret

Comment

Working...
        X