Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly does 'updated' mean on Ancestry records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly does 'updated' mean on Ancestry records?

Every so often they will 'update' the census's

I thought they were complete when they came out. When they say 'updated' do they mean they've added more households?

Linda

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
    Every so often they will 'update' the census's

I thought they were complete when they came out. When they say 'updated' do they mean they've added more households?

Linda
    Yes, it could mean more pages transcribed such as the ones damaged by water which have now been sorted out or it could mean more information added such as for BMDs where they are now giving the spouse in marriage records.
    I expect you would have to look at the record set to see what was different.

Comment

Could it just be that they have accepted and applied corrections to census transcriptions sent in by users?
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
        Could it just be that they have accepted and applied corrections to census transcriptions sent in by users?
        I think that that is probably the most common reason for that description.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I wish they'd say what they'd updated!
          The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
          Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by annswabey View Post
            I wish they'd say what they'd updated!
            Me too

Linda

Comment

Here is the link I use to find a list of Ancestry updates and new records.

Last edited by modem; 31-07-14, 16:27.

Comment

Working...
              X