Did they have more than one child?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did they have more than one child?

When my sister asked me to help find out if this family had more than one child I thought easy peasy. Find them on 1911 and there you go. Wrong. Got me stumped.

Here are the details I have:

Richard James BLOOR born 1877 in Cellarhead, Staffordshire died 1934
    Wife - Sabra(h) BLUNDRED born 1879 at Longton Staffordshire died 1936

Married 1897

Daughter Alice Elizabeth Bloor born 27th July, 1898 at Adelaide Street, Fenton, Stoke on Trent. Known as Lizzie.

1901 Census shows the family living at 4 William Street, Fenton, Stoke on Trent.

Richard Bloor Head of the family married aged 24 Coal Miner born Cellarhead
    Sabrah Bloor - Wife - 22 - born Longton
    Alice Bloor - Sister aged 21 - Tailoress - born Hulme
    Lizzie E Bloor - daughter aged 3
    Sarah E. Blundred - Sister in law aged 15 - Pottery Gilder (love that) - born Longton.

I've searched on both A and FMP for an entry on the 1911 census with no results. Any births between 1901 and 1912 do not show mother's maiden name. Bloor is quite a common name in Staffordshire. It looks as though the family were settled in Fenton.

Can anyone please help to find out if this couple had more than just Alice Elizabeth (Lizzie) Bloor.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Where were Sabra (1936) and Richard (1934) living when they died?

They were not at 4 William Street Fenton in 1911.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

OK just seen they died Stoke on Trent
      Kat

Comment

William born Fenton 1899
        Richard James born Fenton 1901
        William born Longton 1903
        Harold born Longton 1906
        Florence born Longton 1908

Comment

Do you know when Alice died? Just need to know if she would have been on the 1911 census.
          Kat

Comment

Have you looked here: http://www.staffordshirebmd.org.uk/cgi/birthind.cgi
            They have transcribed MMN. Hits will include all the non-specific ones, but include those ones that GallowayLass has listed.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
              Have you looked here: http://www.staffordshirebmd.org.uk/cgi/birthind.cgi
              They have transcribed MMN. Hits will include all the non-specific ones, but include those ones that GallowayLass has listed.

Christine
              My search terms were for the site you mention for surname BLOOR and mother's maiden surname BLUNDRED with soundex rather than exact.

I can't find husband, wife or known child Alice Elizabeth or variant anywhere on 1911 census.
              Last edited by GallowayLass; 30-07-14, 22:12.

Comment

GallowayLass, Christine and Katarzyna thank you for responding. Wow you certainly answered my question GallowayLass. Excellent web site link. Katarzyna, dont know when Alice Elizabeth died but I do know she was alive at the time of the 1911 Census.

My sister will be overjoyed with this information. Thank you again.
                Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Working...
                X