50% off Annual FMP membership.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50% off Annual FMP membership.

From another Gen site and for new members only. Grrrrr!

Trace your ancestry and build a family tree by researching extensive birth records, census data, obituaries and more - over 5 billion records - start today!

Such a cheek when they do that. What about people who subscribe to them year after year after year. Grrrrr is right

Linda

Comment

if you let your membership lapse then you will be a new subscriber

Comment

Must be getting desperate for members, maybe the competition is hotting up.
        Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

I think they lost a lot of members when they did the changes, lots of us unticked the automatic renewal.

Comment

Both the Lost Cousins newsletter and FMP site itself say this offer is only for new or lapsed subscribers - however when I mentioned this on another forum I was contradicted by a long term member who had a sub due to end in August 2014 - took up this offer - and now has expiry August 2015 - go figure??

I took up the monthly offer last month with the first month for a Pound - as I wanted to wait and see how the improvements went - but might now try for this one

Comment

I renewed my own, dues to finish in October and it now goes through to October 2015 and my world credits (which had been free ones), run until then as well and they had been due to run out next April.

I clicked to see what would happen when the offer first came out. If you click, then you can get the message "Promotional code successfully applied" - then you can see the amount £49.75. It stayed like that until the payment page so I paid.
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

50% discount is tempting ... but .... I don't like their new format

ps: offer ends 31st July
                Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 26-07-14, 07:58.
                Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
                  50% discount is tempting ... but .... I don't like their new format

ps: offer ends 31st July
                  http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/findmypast.com?rc=2134920
                  They are working on changing the format so that it suits everyone but it can't happen straight away as they are doing their level best to please everyone so it is a bit like the proverbial committee designing a horse. Some minor tweaks have been made but the basic structure is still the same, at least for the moment - but it can't ever return to the old system as it won't work with all the new records sets - so if they have records you want it's worth sticking with them.
                  In the mean time, there are lots of help guides around and there is always personal help on here.

Caroline
                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

My subscription doesn't run out until 28 December but I thought I'd try to see if the offer works for me. It does! I just paid £49.75 and now my sub ends on 28 December 2015. Just had an email confirming it.
                    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

While brushing my teeth, I realised what good value it is ... even at the normal price of £99+ including 10% discount - a 30 minute appointment with my dental hygienist is £45, and I recently had to have three visits to catch up with several years of neglect. I get far more enjoyment out of FMP.
                      Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                        While brushing my teeth, I realised what good value it is ... even at the normal price of £99+ including 10% discount - a 30 minute appointment with my dental hygienist is £45, and I recently had to have three visits to catch up with several years of neglect. I get far more enjoyment out of FMP.
                        My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Oh dear, many apologies if anyone drinks this while drinking ... I just read this back and ended up having to clear up a mouthful of tea. :(
                          Caroline

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                            Oh dear, many apologies if anyone drinks this while drinking ... I just read this back and ended up having to clear up a mouthful of tea. :(
                            Are we really talking tea here Caroline
                            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                              Are we really talking tea here Caroline
                              YES HONESTLY!! It was PG Tips Fresh tea bags ... I must have still been chortling to myself.
                              Caroline

Comment

Does the 50% apply to the World Membership as well?

Janet

Comment

Many thanks Modem - just had my email confirming renewal due in spring 2016! A real bonus, especially with all the Staffordshire records I'm perusing - no need for a 200 mile trip now...

Comment

Janet - UK only AFAIK. They are offering World Mem for £79.61 at the moment which cheaper than the full price UK only sub?!!! For the past two years I have had World Membership through their American site for $60 pa, actual cost in sterling just under £50 pounds. It was a special when FMP launched in the US and they renewed it at the same low price for a second year. At the moment the US WM price is $199 so the UK price looks good. Or you could keep an eye on the US site to see if they do a similar offer.
                                    Last edited by modem; 26-07-14, 13:48.

Comment

my sub runs out Feb 2015 so if I did it would they add that to my exisiting sub??

Comment

well I just renewed successfully and am now paid up till Feb 2016 , and also have redeemed 590 credits which expire same time, but what I want to know is how can I use the credits when I have the sub?

Comment

Working...
                                        X