Where is the tick ? on a keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the tick ? on a keyboard

Am filling in a form online and I have to tick a box , do I have a tick? cannot find it , its a Dell.
    Thanks

Your best bet is to go into Word, look for Wingdings in the fonts and copy it.

You can get a lot of special characters by using Alt+Character Map codes: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...dows-7-ch.html but the tick isn't in there.

Or you could use a Y ...
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

There isn't a tick on the keyboard, but if you use Character Map - under Accessories/System Tools - and find one in there.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Caroline and Wendy , I cannot believe all thats available in character map didn't even know I had it , but then only had a PC for about 15 years

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          Thanks Caroline and Wendy , I cannot believe all thats available in character map didn't even know I had it , but then only had a PC for about 15 years
          I had to learn lots of them to correctly type the names of my Belgian and French pupils!!
          Caroline
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

sounds like hard work Caroline ?

Comment

sounds like hard work Caroline ?
              Not really - I just learned the ones I needed.
              Caroline

Comment

In regard to the original post. I am surprised that an online form would require this amount of effort to put a tick in a box. Have you tried (a) click the box with the mouse pointer or (b) put the cursor in the box and press the space bar.

David

Comment

shall try that David thanks

Comment

Or simply put an x in the box
                    Cheers
                    Guy
                    Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Hi Val
                      I use the ?/ key to fill out forms on the internet, not the question mark though lol, nice and simple.

Robert

Comment

thanks Guy and Robert so many suggestions will write them down for next time
                        Last edited by Guest; 23-07-14, 21:22.

Comment

If you think you might need to use characters more frequently you can put a shortcut on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen. I've done that as it's less hassle then opening Word and going in that way. Great for use in emails too!
                          Margaret

Comment

If you think you might need to use characters more frequently you can put a shortcut on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen. I've done that as it's less hassle then opening Word and going in that way. Great for use in emails too!
                            Margaret

oops! post duplicated!
                            Last edited by margaretmarch; 27-07-14, 12:14.

Comment

If you had been using an Apple Mac, that {Alt + v}, gives a root-sign: √, which is close enough to a tick for most purposes.

Christine
                              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I cant afford a Mac Christine , busy replacing flooring in all rooms this year.:(

How do I do that please Margaret?

Comment

Or just use a /

Geoff

Comment

thanks Geoff will keep that in mind

Comment

Working...
                                    X