Anybody find this man in 1871 or 1881

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody find this man in 1871 or 1881

Still Looking for William John Knight born 1857 Bermondsey, who was in the Bermondsey Workhouse and released on the 29 Jul 1871 to a Dr Evans Nightingale Villa, Lower Norwood ? at least thats what I think it says ?

evans.jpg

Am trying to find this Doctor to see what sort of Doctor he was, like medical etc and also am hoping to find William in his household in 1881 .

As still cannot find William in 1881 and 1891 I do have him after this he married in 1895 says occupation Plumber Journeyman.

I am just trying to find him in 1881 and 1891

Thanks

Thomas Waller Eyre Evans, M.A. LL.D (living at Nightingale Villa), in 1868 he described himself as:
    "Sometime scholar of Trinity Collge Dublin, and Senior Classical Moderator and Gold Medalist, Moderato in Logics abd Ethics, Vice-Chamcellor's Prizeman, etc., formerly Fellow of the Royal Antiquarian Society, Scotland, and Rector of the Grammar School, Aberdeen."
    No mention of medical qualifications, but this may be enough to follow up with further research.
    Edit: isn't LL.D a doctor of law?
    Last edited by keldon; 15-07-14, 20:24.
    Phil
    historyhouse.co.uk
    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

In 1883 the Doctor lived at 12, Queen's Road, Twickenham, Middlesex.
      and 1880 maybe at Seaton House, Hounslow.
      Last edited by keldon; 15-07-14, 20:21.
      Phil
      historyhouse.co.uk

Comment

Keldon you are wonderful how on earth did you find that I couldn't find him anywhere thanks very much, am hoping it helps me find William ,thanks again

Comment

Put the villa name on a newspaper archive.
          Phil
          historyhouse.co.uk

Comment

thanks again gives me something to look for

Comment

well found Thomas Evans in Aberdeen in for a number of years so now wondering if thats where William went with him , off to search the scottish records thanks again.

Comment

I think I may have found him in 1881 in Scotland as a Leather Bag Cutter? and married to a Susan? if thats him Keldon I am so pleased thanks again

Comment

Well if it is him, pleased I could help.
                  Phil
                  historyhouse.co.uk

Comment

Is he the Thomas Waller E Evans dies Brentford 1898 birth 1822
                    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

yes Elaine he is , I wonder why he took my William from the workhouse? is there a way of finding out ?

Comment

Working...
                      X