how did they die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how did they die

hi im researching henry foreman 1877 - 1949 and his wife eveline jane Hopkins 1882-1949. both born and died in kent. I have found their probate records and they both died on the same date. I've heard that there was a shooting in the family and wondering if this is them but how could I find out.
    looking for binns,cave,forey,cheale,simpson,

Is this death notice published Sat 10 Dec 1949 in the Whitstable Times your man?
    Henry Hart Foreman 85 years passed peacefully away on Dec 1 (1949) after a long and painful illness.

Couldn't find anything for Eveline.

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

hi no they died 22 march 1949 they were in their 70's but thanks
      looking for binns,cave,forey,cheale,simpson,

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
        Is this death notice published Sat 10 Dec 1949 in the Whitstable Times your man?
        Henry Hart Foreman 85 years passed peacefully away on Dec 1 (1949) after a long and painful illness.

Couldn't find anything for Eveline.

Christine
        Scrap the above - this is more like it: a report of Mr H Foreman, retired police officer, and his wife found dead in their home in Skeete Road, Lyminge on Tuesday 22 March 1949.
        Stanley Wilfred Woods, a 29 year old farmer was found, dying, in his van not far from the Foreman's home. A shotgun was found nearby.
        I'll try following the story through now to see what else I can find, but feel free to PM me if you want a copy of the newspaper report.
        Christine
        Researching:
        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Have found two more articles in the Times including a murder suicide verdict - that Henry Foreman murdered his wife and a young farmer and then committed suicide. If you PM me with your email address I can try and send them to you.
          Regards,
          Christine
          Researching:

Comment

What a sad story
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Folkestone library might have local reports of the incident.

PM me if you'd like me to check there.

Gwyn

Comment

Working...
              X