Familysearch ordering film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Familysearch ordering film

I ordered one weeks ago, then after about two weeks had an email to say its on backorder, is this normal and if so how long should I expect to wait ?
    I'm getting a bit worried they may have forgotten me .

I'm not sure of the situation at the moment Val, but we had a thread about this a while ago and apparently it can be very variable. I think they say it can be weeks but others have got them quicker. Not sure what the back order meant.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

hi and thanks for answering Chrissie it means its out of stock and they have to get more apparently.

Comment

I've ordered 3 or so images lately and I received a message for the first 2 to say that they were busy but I haven't received the other one. I wish that they hadn't changed the form to individual as I've found tons of Phillips Baptisms since the changes to the layout.
        Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

I dont even know whether it will help me or not just hoping it will, thats if I ever get to see it.

Comment

I ordered 4 at the beginning of April, the first came more or less straight away (within a week). I have just got notification that the rest have arrived/on their way so I will have them on Tuesday. I think it all depends on what you want and you are not forgotten by Family Search, I got emails on a regular basis just letting me know what was happening, also I had a very nice man from my local Family Search Research Centre ring me to let me know what was happening as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              hi and thanks for answering Chrissie it means its out of stock and they have to get more apparently.
              I knew what back order usually meant Val but I couldn't understand what it was they could be out of stock of

Comment

Back order means all the copies of the film are out on loan and your order will not be forwarded until one of the copies is returned.
                Cheers
                Guy
                Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Thanks Guy

Comment

Working...
                  X