Which ones match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which ones match?

I have a few possibilities for which Mark Marshall is mine.

Which signatures do you think match.

marks.jpg

Siggies No 1 and 3, based on the distinctive letter S in his surname. Think all the others are quite likely different persons.
    Last edited by grumpy; 08-07-14, 07:28.
    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

I think 1 and 3 are quite similar and also 4 and 6 seem like a pair.
      But bear in mind many peoples' writing styles were more standard in those times than they are now.
      Anne

Comment

I was hoping for a few more opinions please.

Comment

Were they all over a number of years? I ask because I know that my signature has changed quite a lot, several times, over the last 50 years. I think you would have to be a handwriting expert to know for sure. Though the S in 1 and 3 are quite distinctive.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Over about a 20 year period.

I 100% know that 4 and 7 are the same person.............I think 6 could be included.

Comment

It's a tricky one. I have had to make an educated guess with matching a known signatures to instances elsewhere. There are various things you'd need to check:
              1] letter shapes
              2] natural slope of the letters
              3] natural slope of the writing
              4] the way letters are joined up

Are those already in chronological order? That way you can check if a signature is morphing - and if any seem out of line with the drift.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X