FMP : Can anyone read occupations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP : Can anyone read occupations?

on right hand side of page .... John Fletcher (45) and George Yates (20)

Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

Thanks
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

The first one looks like Army P and the second I thought looked like Gun until I saw the one who was a Groom on the first row. So think that one is groom.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

John Fletcher: Army P
      and
      George Yates: Gun M or groom?

Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

If you look at William Martin above it more clearly says Army P and then you can see John Fletcher is the same

Linda

Comment

Just been looking at this list of old Scottish occupations and it looks as though the Army H P above is in the army on half pay. So it sounds as though yours is in the Army on pay.
          Scots Family offers Scottish genealogy research for people with Scottish family ancestry and roots in Scotland. Provides Scottish family trees with photographs and maps from Scotland's history.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Isn't Gun m meaning gun maker? It would be a typical Birmingham occupation.
            Anne

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help .... my first impressions were Army P and Gun M(aker) too.

Looking again at William Martin (age 70) entry ... Army H P .... wonder if P = pensioner?

Comment

I think I found him .... chelsea pensioners british army service records.
                In 1836 he was discharged from the Princess of Wales regiment

Comment

Working...
                X