Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So where did I find this? (we're all at it!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So where did I find this? (we're all at it!)

Why can't I always remember to add my sources!!!! I get too excited when I find something!

These are the notes I have ....

Gillatt ARRAND (aka Gillott or Jillott) died Q3 1906 Worksop, Notts, buried Harworth, abode Styrrup (both places near Tickhill, YKS but actually in Notts)
    (The GRO index shows the death reg)

In 1911 his widow Mary Jane is living in Styrrup so it all seems credible but where did I find that burial and why have I not got an actual burial date?

Help ......
    Anne

Could you have used this service Anne

Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Thanks for that but no, I'm sure I didn't ask for a lookup.
      The way I've worded my note make me think it must have been on a grave, although it could have been a parish record. I must have found it online somewhere though.
      Anne

Comment

In the back of my mind I could remember Julie, linking me to a list of more obscure resources. I have trawled my old threads and refound the link. Maybe you found it through one of these as there are several mentions of Nottinghamshire records.

Now off to put this somewhere I will be able to find again..... famous last words.
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a look through those. I'm so CROSS with myself for not recording it!
          Anne

Comment

Unfortunately those seem to be marriages and Harworth parish not amongst them. Thanks for trying, Bubble
            Anne

Comment

Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.

Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.

Burial 16th July 1906 Arrand Gillott Nottinghamshire Harworth

Notts
              Harworth
              All Saints
              Reg No 423
              16th July 1906
              Gillott
              ARRAND
              Styrrup
              File No 33545

Vera
              Last edited by vera2013; 05-07-14, 03:46.

Comment

Vera, thank you SO much. How stupid of me to forget to check FreeReg, I can't believe I forgot! I spent quite a lot of yesterday checking all the places I subscribe to and Googling every term I could think of. What an idiot I am!

There have been a few of us in the last week in this frustrating dilemma of "How the ....... do I know that". I hope I've learned my lesson now.
                Thanks very much indeed.
                Anne

Comment

Working...
                X