Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only one piece of evidence he survived and I've lost it !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one piece of evidence he survived and I've lost it !!

I have this note against John Boyle which, taken with his baptism record from 1763, proves that he made it to his teens.....

Apprenticeship: Boyle John, son of Robert, St Clement Danes, Middlesex, watchmaker, to John Avenell, 13 Nov 1777, Tinplate Workers' Company

Can anyone find the source of this as I can't work out where I got the information from?
    Rick

Might it be from the Ancestry Apprentice indentures?
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I have looked through them and I dont see it there ?

Comment

I've checked the Indentures and the Freedom of the City records and can't see him there. I have absolutely no recollection of where the info came from and it's unlike me not to note a source - especially if it's an unusual one.
        Rick

Comment

have you tried googling ??

Comment

British Origins has London Apprenticeships, could you have found the information there?
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              have you tried googling ??
              I've tried Ancestry, FMP, London Lives and googling. The trouble with google is Robert Boyle is also the name of the famous scientist so as soon as you include that, you can't see the wood for the trees.

p.s. Hi Val
              Rick

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
                British Origins has London Apprenticeships, could you have found the information there?
                I don't think I've ever been on there - will have a look thanks.
                Rick

Comment

hyer Rick sorry have tried all I can think of ,

Comment

Me too. 2 hits on British Origins but I can't see them without a subscription, although I'm sure that's not where I found it. Thanks all for trying.
                    Rick

Comment

its a bit late so maybe somebody tomorrow will be able to help hope so, I'm off now night Rick

Comment

just a thought would you have a copy somewhere in your PC, could do a search on that

Comment

It was Orgins.net. as Judith suggested.

London Apprenticeship Abstracts 1442-1850
                          1777 Boyle John, son of Robert, St Clement Danes, Middlesex, watchmaker, to John Avenell, 13 Nov 1777, Tinplate Workers' Company

P.S. Sorry, if it hadn't been so late I could have found this last night. :(
                          Caroline
                          Caroline's Family History Pages
                          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

thats great Caroline he will be pleased

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                              It was Orgins.net. as Judith suggested.

London Apprenticeship Abstracts 1442-1850
                              1777 Boyle John, son of Robert, St Clement Danes, Middlesex, watchmaker, to John Avenell, 13 Nov 1777, Tinplate Workers' Company

P.S. Sorry, if it hadn't been so late I could have found this last night. :(
                              Yaaaay !! Well done Caroline and Judith and thanks to all who looked
                              Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X