Free 14 Day Trial of thegenealogist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free 14 Day Trial of thegenealogist.

A great chance to try it out under the free trial.

See T&C's

In order for you to continue to receive the benefit of our records and unique tools, your trial will automatically convert into the level and duration which you have chosen (or our gold personal premium annual subscription by default). If you wish to cancel, this must be done within the 14 day free trial period in order to stop the conversion. Cancellations can be made in the "My Account - Subscription History" section, by clicking the "Cancel" button or by contacting us.

Providing a look-up service will cause immediate suspension without refund.
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 30-06-14, 11:38.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Wouldn't touch that with a barge pole. I know someone who was suspended without a refund because she looked up something for someone else.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
      Wouldn't touch that with a barge pole. I know someone who was suspended without a refund because she looked up something for someone else.
      Just wondering, how would they know that you were looking on behalf of someone else.

Comment

I was tempted to join by a 20% off offer and regret spending the money. I have found nothing yet which I can't find on Ancestry or FMP. I got a Diamond Sub which was supposed to also include 12 monthly issues of Discover Your Ancestors Periodical but looking at my Account it says that expired 3 weeks after I had taken out my one year sub. Huh?????
        Anne

Edit to say .... there is no "cancel" button in Subscription history. You have to cancel by emailing them apparently. Bah!
        Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 30-06-14, 12:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
          I was tempted to join by a 20% off offer and regret spending the money. I have found nothing yet which I can't find on Ancestry or FMP.
          Anne
          I was going to stop my subscription to them for the same reason as I only found the wills and non-conformist records of any use and wasn't quick enough to remember to untick the automatic renewal (I don't recall getting a reminder but may have done.). Bit galling, especially as they were offering £50 cashback to new subscribers who were unhappy with FMP at the same time!! Still I did find a lot of wills that I wouldn't have sent for, so am probably still in profit.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by luddy View Post
            Just wondering, how would they know that you were looking on behalf of someone else.
            They wouldn't if you gave the information off line- just don't publish it on a forum! (it is usual to quote the source when you post info)
            Kat

Comment

I was tempted to join by a 20% off offer and regret spending the money. I have found nothing yet which I can't find on Ancestry or FMP.

It might be useful to those who cannot find a census on Ancestry or FTM see Val's query :

Edit to say .... there is no "cancel" button in Subscription history. You have to cancel by emailing them apparently. Bah!
              There IS a cancel button in subscription history - perhaps there didn't used to be.
              Kat

Comment

I can't see the button as my new card needs filling in so I suppose it is there where it says New Card - I don't think I had the reminder email ticked, so I didn't get one, which is why I was too slow to cancel. Bit cheeky doing it that way - no reminder rather then opting in or out of auto-renewal.

As far as look ups go, as my tree grew and had so many new surnames, I began to wonder at what point of me searching for yet another surname would trigger me getting queries about whether I was doing lookups. For this site, we do ask in our Ts and Cs that members be aware of the Ts and Cs of other sites and societies when they look things up and it is good practice anyway to make your own transcription, and not just copy and paste, and to acknowledge the source.
                Caroline
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

My friend didn't post anything on line so they wouldn't have known. I don't know how they knew but they did. She isn't the only one to get caught out either.
                  Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Well I'll make the most of it Wendy, after all it's only for two weeks - if they kick me off who cares
                    Kat

Comment

I think the cancel button is only there for those doing the trail. I still can't see it anywhere. I'd be obliged if you would show me, please. I did investigate how to cancel and it did say you have to actually email them.
                      Anne

Comment

genealogist.jpg
                        Kat

Comment

Ah! Thanks for going to that trouble, Kat.
                          Right that explains it. That button is only there for those who are using the Trial. Unfortunately, for those of us (like me) daft enough to pay a full year sub the button is not there! We must contact them by email or phone to stop them taking next year's sub.
                          Anne

Comment

Ah! Thanks for going to that trouble, Kat.
                            Right that explains it. That button is only there for those who are using the Trial. Unfortunately, for those of us (like me) daft enough to pay a full year sub the button is not there! We must contact them by email or phone to stop them taking next year's sub.
                            Anne
                            That's where it says New Card for me ... hmm. :(
                            Caroline

Comment

Working...
                            X