Finding a death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a death

Any ideas how a death can be traced. I am looking for the death of Albert Pounder who was born in April 1909. Marriage has been found. but no trace of a death can be found.
    Nothing has been found after about 1950.
    Anyone with more ideas please.

The death records only go up to 2007 when he would have been 98. So he could possibly have been alive until then. We don't allow the names of living people and I would have had to remove it if I thought he could be alive. However, as he would be 105 by now I assume that we would have heard of him.
    Could he have died in WW2?
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 28-06-14, 18:57.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

where was he born and where was the marriage ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
        The death records only go up to 2007 when he would have been 98. So he could possibly have been alive until then. We don't allow the names of living people and I would have had to remove it if I thought he could be alive. However, as he would be 105 by now I assume that we would have heard of him.
        Could he have died in WW2?
        He was certainly alive in 1948 but no trace has been found since then. I understand he was divorced but have found no trace in the archives where he was living at the time. Could any divorce be registered in a different area? I think it most unlikely he is still alive but he may have knocked a couple of years from his age.

Comment

He was both born and married in Bolton. His wife left him but he followed her to Nottingham about 1944.

Comment

If someone who didn't know him too well registered the death, the age might be out by a few years.
            Have you considered the death in Leicester area in 1967?

Gwyn

Comment

Nottingham Evening Post 29 Mar 1948.jpghave you seen this newspaper report ? Nottingham Evening Post 29 Mar 1948

Comment

I assume that Albert's marriage is the one in 1937, to Hilda Holden? If so, then they possibly had a son in 1938 - there is only one birth of a Pounder with mother's maiden name Holden on FreeBMD (can't put the details on here as he is probably still living). There is also a person of this exact same name and middle initial on www.192.com, at an address in Nottingham. Might be worth contacting this person, as it seems like a good chance he will be the son of Albert & Hilda?

Comment

Working...
                X