Evelyn L Norman
    Mother's Maiden Name:
    Single
    Registration Year:
    Registration Quarter:
    Apr-May-Jun
    Registration district:
    Chard

I don't remember seeing a birth registration like this before; I assume the mother is also a Norman and without buying a certificate could I find mother's full name?

Single is a surname. There's only one marriage between Single and a Norman on FreeBMD -

Thomas Norman and Lily J Single Q/E June 1912 Beaminster

There are 3 births in Chard with surname Norman and mother's maiden name Single
    Jackie

Comment

I feel so stupid Jackie.................didn't occur to this old man that the surname could be 'Single'........an embarrassed Thank You.

Comment

You're welcome Alan - I'd not heard of it before. I've a feeling Lily could be Lily Jubilee Single. I love the name
        Jackie

Comment

Queen Victorias Golden Jubilee was 22nd June 1897...although Queen Victoria died in 1901 , I wonder if the parents were around for the Queens Golden Jubilee - I notice Lily Jubilee Single b june qtr 1913...I wonder if she was born 22nd June ??? and that`s why she was given the middle name Jubilee ....probably not - but it`s a nice thought ???
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
          oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
          adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
          merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
          coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Working...
          X