Emanuel Worner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emanuel Worner

Looking for information about the death of Emanuel Worner, b 1838 Somerset and died 1916 Victoria, Australia. Not the Emanuel Worner who died in Yeovil in 1912, that was a cousin.

Thanks
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Is it his burial place you need Di? Not sure what is that you're after.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Yes, I have the date, but not where, and I don't know where I got the date from - I suspect I might have picked it up from another tree, but maybe they did not have the place either. I was curious as to whether it was near the other Worner families in Victoria.
      Diane
      Sydney Australia

Comment

Are you sure he died in Victoria? There is a burial record on Ancestry for an Emanuel Worner in 1916 - right age but buried in Tasmania:

Name: Emanuel Worner
        Death Age: 78
        Death Date: 6 Feb 1916
        Cemetery: Meander Anglican (st Saviour)
        Cemetery Location: Deloraine, Tasmania

Comment

Hi Richard in Perth

No, I am not really sure - I thought the date came from ancestry, but maybe not. Deloraine Tasmania makes much more sense as that's where his parents lived - maybe he did die in Victoria, but was buried at home.

Obviously, more checking to be done !!!

Thanks

Di
          Diane
          Sydney Australia

Comment

Hi Di

He is also listed in the Australia death index on Ancestry as dying in Deloraine so I don't think he died in Victoria or the death would have been registered there:

Name: Emanuel Worner
            Death Date: 1916
            Death Place: Tasmania
            Registration Place: Deloraine, Tasmania
            Registration Number: 0089

Also, there's a fairly extensive family tree on Ancestry that has him on there, along with lots of cousins. That tree also has him dying in Tasmania.

Cheers,
            Richard

Comment

Sounds like I need to renew my ancestry sub. I let it lapse due to lack of time and thinking I had done all I could there, for the time being. Obvious now, I had not done my Worner line thoroughly enough.
              Diane
              Sydney Australia

Comment

The Emanuel Worner you asked about was the son of my great great grandfather, also Emanuel Worner. It was he who brought the family to Australia, in 1848 - coming to Port Phillip. He died in 1852 in Melbourne. His widow, Sarah, married a man over from Tasmania, in 1852 and moved the family to the Deloraine area (Paddys Scrub as known then). Her new husband was Benjamin Proverbs. Sarah's and Emanuels oldest child - daughter Ellen, remained in Melbourne a while longer and married there to a Daniel Bailey Pullen and they then moved to the Deloraine area. The family descendents are really numerous.

Comment

Working...
                X