Help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed please

If I know a name ..say Mary Brown and she had a brother Albert is there a way to search if there are siblings with the same Mother?? Without doing Mary first and then Albert

Not sure if I've explained that very well !!

Linda

What years are we talking about Linda? I assume that you mean before 1912 or you could just put in the mothers maiden name.
    Otherwise, have you found them on the census? That way you can usually work out from marriage dates, children's birth dates etc who is the mother of who.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

It's around the 1960's and I know the Christian name and surname of the two people it's a common surname so there are loads that fit the timeframe.

I don't know the mothers maiden name, just wondered if there was a way to tie them together without going through all the names separately

Linda

Loinda

Comment

If it's a common surname - unless you know the mothers maiden name it could be difficult.

If you know the parents christian names - you could look for a marriage for them to get the mothers maiden name

Comment

Thanks Carole

Linda

Comment

Do you know the area they were born in Linda? If you do, the only way I can think that you might try, depending on HOW common the surname is, is to open two windows at the same time. Search on one with the girls name and one with the boys, then cross reference for mmn. It's far from easy or fool proof but it did work for me once.
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 28-06-14, 10:37.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Great idea Chrissie, I'll give it a go

Linda

Comment

Working...
              X